Problems moving Music to my Huawei Nova

Hobbz1990

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys, just bought myself a Nova and am loving it! However am having huge problems moving my music onto the phone.

For whatever reason, the file manager from huawei doesn't deal with music (Contacts, videos, pictures and messages) and trying to manually move MP3's into the folder, it pops up the message the phone has disconnected (which it has not).

I've given the HiSuite (the Huawei file manager) access to auto connect to my phone, allowed it to use HDB and tried both SD and internal storage to no avail :( Any help is much appriciated!

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Don't bother with HiSuite. Instead, connect the phone to your computer via USB, then swipe down the notification panel and tap the USB notification there. Make sure MTP or File Transfer is selected.

Now open Windows Explorer and look for the phone in the device list. Open it. Now you can drag and drop your mp3 files to the phone's internal storage -- I would suggest copying the files to the Music directory, and keep the standard folder hierarchy of Artist>Album>Song.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol