phone and watch

maritai

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I just bought the Huawei p9 plus and Huawei Watch black leather. My Lg G4 is getting shorter and shorter battery life, heats up and is slow.
I would usually wait until the phone stopped, but I found a good offer on the p9 plus and the watch for cheaper than what the phone usually costs, 5990 NOK, when only the phone goes for about 6500 or over in most stores here in Norway, so I thought f.. It, and ordered it.
But this is not only me bragging about a good buy;-) I have some questions as well
Bloatware: what do you recommend that I delete from the phone?
I have never used a smartwatch before : can it connect to more than one phone?
How trustworthy is the stepcounter? I will use it as help for getting in better shape.
Any tips for an app that will use info from several sources, like an iphone, the p9 plus and the watch.
Other tips that you wish to share? I have never used a huawei or a smartwatch, so others experience would be great. I have read lots of rewiews this last days, but rewiews cannot compare with users that have used it for months and years

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have never used a smartwatch before : can it connect to more than one phone?
No -- you can pair multiple watches with one phone, but not one watch to multiple phones. In order to pair the watch with another phone, you'd have to do a factory reset of the watch. See here: https://support.google.com/androidwear/answer/6058799?hl=en

Any tips for an app that will use info from several sources, like an iphone, the p9 plus and the watch.
Sorry, can you clarify what you mean by this?

I have a Huawei Watch paired to my Nexus 6P, and in general I love it--primarily because of how it looks. I think this watch most closely resembles a classic men's dress watch, compared to all other Android Wear watches currently available. Since I love changing up how the watch looks, and since I appreciate watchfaces that look like real watches, I highly recommend WatchMaster (which is different from another popular app called WatchMaker).

Another useful feature is using the watch as a remote camera shutter. If you use the Google Camera app, when you open it on the phone, a watch notification should appear that allows you to use it as a camera shutter release. If you don't use the Google Camera app, there are some 3rd party remote camera apps available on Google Play.

I think the main weakness of this watch is the weak vibration. It's strange, because when the watch vibrates, I can hear it vibrating, but I often don't feel the vibration at all on my wrist.

maritai

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for answering some of my questions B Diddy:)
I was unclear in one of my questions when I asked about an app that could use info from several sources. What I meant was health info, specifically things as steps, weight, BMI, periods. I now use an iPhone for some of it, and would like one program where all that info is collected, that takes it info from both the iPhone and the watch. Hmm, maybe I could keep on using the iPhone's health app. I see this is something I must take a choice about. It also influences the choice of which phone I connect the watch to. I now use the Lg as my primary, with the iPhone using a twin SIM-card, and wanted to replace my Lg with the Huawei. Since I have all my health info on my iPhone, and one of the reasons I bought the watch was health, I must learn more when I have the watch in front of me.
I think the watch looks gorgeous from the pictures and videos I have seen, but one thing that worries me a little bit is its size. I am a little over five feet, and have small hands and wrists. I also haven't seen pictures of other women wearing it, so I cannot compare the size. You mention you think i looks like a mans classical watch, no doubt I can find a face that .. What to say, feminizes it a little bit ;-) english is not my mother tounge.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if there's an Android Wear app that will incorporate all of those things. FitWell might be close.

I am a little over five feet, and have small hands and wrists.
It is fairly large, but there are significantly larger watches as well (like the larger sized Moto 360 and the LG G Watch Urbane). Oversized metal watches for women (so-called "boyfriend watches") still remain stylish, so I don't think it would look unusual.

english is not my mother tounge.
You do a good job with your English! I can't imagine what my post would look like if I tried to write in some other language besides my own.;)

maritai

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I have downloaded watchmaster, I liked those faces much more than watchmaker's, and will upgrade to paid as soon as the watch and phone arrives. It will be here the 17, can't wait :)
I like buying cases for my phones, (some may say I have an addiction, but don't listen to them:) ) and wanted to find some bands for the watch, but no luck. Nobody sells something like that here in Norway: I have checked every online store that offers the watch, and none of the Amazon sellers send to Norway. Do you know if I can use regular straps, and what do I have to look after?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have downloaded watchmaster, I liked those faces much more than watchmaker's, and will upgrade to paid as soon as the watch and phone arrives. It will be here the 17, can't wait :)
I like buying cases for my phones, (some may say I have an addiction, but don't listen to them:) ) and wanted to find some bands for the watch, but no luck. Nobody sells something like that here in Norway: I have checked every online store that offers the watch, and none of the Amazon sellers send to Norway. Do you know if I can use regular straps, and what do I have to look after?

This should help: http://www.droid-life.com/2015/09/17/huawei-watch-change-straps/