Release date?

Zammo76

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know when this watch is going to be released?

I was thinking maybe in time for Computex, (a trade show in Taiwan) on June 6th. But as this watch has actually already been exhibited at MWC i'm not really sure.

Incidentally the Asus ZenWatch 2 will be exhibited at Computex,

Zammo76

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Interesting just spotted this info:

A Reddit user discovered three Huawei models already listed for sale on MobileFun.com, coming in silver, black and gold. The website does list prices for all these models even though it doesn’t list their official release dates.

According to MobileFun, the silver and black versions of the Huawei Watch cost $386.99, while the gold model is slightly more expensive at $451.49. For that price you’re not getting real Apple Watch-like gold, but “luxurious gold metal styling,” as the site explains.

I've checked mobile fun and they are indeed there. Just need someone to review it now before I decided whether to get one.

Also Huawei have a press event in NYC on the 2nd June so my money is on that being the release date.

Last edited:

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Awesome find! Thanks for sharing!

cabdd4f95e09430672c672cf222f8062.jpg

Zammo76

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Huawei's NYC press conference is today (not sure what time), hopefully they will finally release the Huawei Watch!

Zammo76

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Huawei just talked about the Huawei P8 Lite and Talkband in their press conference, nothing about the Huawei Watch.

I did however get a tweet from @HuaweiDevice when I asked them when the watch was coming out:

Hi, though we can't confirm it yet, we would suggest you to stay tune with us, particularly over the coming summer ;-)

Not exactly much use but I guess we know its coming out between June 20th and September 22nd.

Last edited:

Zammo76

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Well Huawei have finally tweeted that they will show off the revised Huawei smartwatch at IFA on the 2nd Sept and I'm guessing having it go on sale soon after. We're also likely to see the Moto 360 2, Asus Zenwatch 2 and possibly a Sony Smartwatch 4.

https://twitter.com/HuaweiDevice/status/636463192785448960

Depending on reviews I might be tempted to sell my Moto 360 and buy whichever looks best.

Last edited:

Zammo76

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
The Verge has reported that the Huawei Smartwatch went up on Amazon for preorder starting at $349 all the way up to $799. Interestingly Amazon seems to think it'll be compatible with IOS 8.2, so we might be seeing an update for Android Wear which supports ijunk phones. How funny would it be if this started outselling the Apple Watch!

Huawei Watch preorders suggest Android Wear will soon support iPhone | The Verge

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4644258#technical-data