Constantly disconnecting from Nexus 5x

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Have been really enjoying my Huawei Watch but it's constantly disconnecting from my Nexus 5x. The Bluetooth connection says it's connected but the Android Wear App says "Trying to Connect" and it never comes back online without a reboot of the phone and the watch. I've even tried a full Factory Reset of the watch in case there was a gremlin in there but that hasn't seemed to have cured all the disconnections.

Anybody else experiencing this? Sort of ruining the experience for me.

Donkey Hodie

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Don't have a Nexus (LG V10) but my connection is very stable over a pretty fair distance. Whenever I go out of range I get the notification but it reconnects when I go back in range without any problems.

Agree it would ruin the experience.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Did you try connecting it using blue-tooth or the android wear app? The first time I tried connecting it, I used the Blue-tooth and then the android wear app. It would constantly say "trying to connect". So I deleted the watch off blue-tooth, and this time only used android wear app to connect. The blue-tooth will automatically connect without your input.

If you did use android wear first and still have issues, I would try it on a friends android phone first to make sure it's the watch's fault and not the phone. If it works on another android phone, then you know it's your phone, if not then it's the watch.

tekmantoo

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same issues with my Huawei watch and Nexus 6p. I tried factory resetting watch, uninstalling and reinstalling android wear app and finally did a factory reset of the watch AND the phone. A pain in the you know what but now everything works as it should. No more disconnects and greatly improved battery life. When I restored the phone I did not restore all the apps automatically. I added them one by one, thinking there may have been one rogue app causing problems. Whatever it was, it is working great now and my battery life as improved tremendously on both the watch and the phone.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I did a factory reset on my edge plus and the watch and I am still getting constant disconnects. Im about to thrown in the towel. This really sucks. I love the watch but if it's never connected to the phone...

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I had a lot of Android Wear and general Bluetooth connectivity issues with my 5x...sold it on eBay and got a 6p...HATED that 5x