Water resistant my foot!

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi, all.

I wanted to ask if you folks have found that your watches truly are water resistant. Can you use them in watersports, pools, etc.?

I purchased this watch a few weeks ago. For the most part, it was a nice watch. But, 2 problems that bothered me...

1. It was very hard to read the display in direct sunlight.

2. This 'water resistant' watch died after getting wet -- not submerged under water. I went kayaking in my local harbor. Now, the watch is completely dead.

Thank you!

808Mobi

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi, all.

I wanted to ask if you folks have found that your watches truly are water resistant. Can you use them in watersports, pools, etc.?

I purchased this watch a few weeks ago. For the most part, it was a nice watch. But, 2 problems that bothered me...

1. It was very hard to read the display in direct sunlight.

2. This 'water resistant' watch died after getting wet -- not submerged under water. I went kayaking in my local harbor. Now, the watch is completely dead.

Thank you!
I think the instructions were pretty clear. You can wash your hands with it on, but not take a shower. Water resistant is not water proof.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I think the instructions were pretty clear. You can wash your hands with it on, but not take a shower. Water resistant is not water proof.

A Safety Information booklet came with mine (bought it used). I never saw those instructions in there; maybe I was missing a manual. Honestly, it's misleading to market a watch as "water resistant" if it can't handle a splash of water. I didn't expect it to handle a 200-foot deep scuba dive, but I would expect it to handle frequent splashes of water.

Thanks for the info.

808Mobi

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
A Safety Information booklet came with mine (bought it used). I never saw those instructions in there; maybe I was missing a manual. Honestly, it's misleading to market a watch as "water resistant" if it can't handle a splash of water. I didn't expect it to handle a 200-foot deep scuba dive, but I would expect it to handle frequent splashes of water.

Thanks for the info.
I came from a Moto 360 which could withstand a shower. I think the speaker on the Huawei watch makes it less impervious to water.

Zedd

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Water resistant is not water proof.
NO watch is water proof, even divers. Watches come with meter WR ratings Water Resistant to 1 meter, WR 10M, WR 100M, WR 1000M etc..
No reputable watch maker that I'm aware of clame their watches are water proof, only water resistant.

Invicta makes watches rated WR 1000 and they even come with vents to let out nitrogen pressure that builds up as they ascend, not that anyone can actually dive 3000ft deep with out some type of pressure regulated submersible.

Posted via my LGG4 using the Android Central App

John Dodson1

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
For what it's worth my LG Urbane Second Edition that was $380 with tax died after washing my hands with it on. Two trips to LG and they refused to repair/replace it

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Haha I was just getting ready to write that... Totally showered with it and didn't notice for two minutes... Still works great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2