Terrible battery life. What am I doing wrong?

bstarr3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got the watch two days ago. First day, I took it off at 0700, played with it some, installed autowear and messed with that a bit, but generally left it alone for most of the day. Ambient mode on, wake gesture on, wifi auto, brightness 1, pujie black watchface. Battery was dead by 1700. Yesterday, I decided that maybe autowear and autovoice were the culprits, so I got rid of them and factory reset the watch. Still lasted only about 11 hours with the other settings unchanged. Today, removed mini wear launcher and factory reset again. Two hours after taking it off charge, it's down to 86% battery. Battery stats only show screen and watch idle as causes of drain.

Is there a missing setting somewhere that's causing this huge battery drain? I know I could turn off ambient mode, but I don't want to. Other people seem to be getting just fine battery life with it enabled. Do I have a defective device, or am I missing something in settings? Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The watch usually takes a few days to complete syncs and to 'stabilize', but if you think you have an issue I'd try resetting the watch, charge to 100%, sync again, let it discharge completely, and charge again. It should take two or three days before you start to see 'normal' battery life depending on the number of Android Wear apps you have installed. Also, check your connection to the phone. If the watch isn't connected and it's constantly 'looking' for a device to connect to, that'll drain your battery like crazy. Also, is your screen constantly on?

If you want to debug to see if maybe you have a bad battery, you can put your watch in Airplane mode and see how long the battery lasts (it shouldn't drain more than 50% in a day, assuming you're not constantly using it).

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Ugh, that sucks- I didn't think the battery life was ALL that great, until I read your post. it's 14:40 here and I took this off the charger around 5:00. Screen at highest (5) AOD on, gestures on, and I'm at 72%. Not bragging, but your 86% after 2 hours is no bueno. :-(

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I can get about a day and a half with minimal usage. I did about 50-75 text messages, looked at a few emails, checked heart rate every few hours and checked steps.

I have wifi off, brightness-3, wrist gesture-off except flick to turn on screen, screen always on is turned off and I'm also running watch maker.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
There are days when my Huawei will drop 10% in 15 minutes, but most days it does better. The battery life isn't so good that I can ever feel comfortable with the watch making it through a long day (16-18 hours), but it usually gets me through 12.

Posted via the Android Central App

bstarr3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, it may be settling in on day 4. Charged to 100% last night before going to sleep, then used sleep as android tracking with screen in theater mode. After 8.5 hours of sleep, battery was down to 76%, or roughly 3%/hr. We'll see how it does today.

bstarr3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I felt like I was doing pretty well. I'd turned off wifi and cloud sync, always on ON, turn to wake OFF, screen brightness 1, and I had battery at 45% when I went to bed last night, about 16 hours on battery. Then this morning, no changes to settings on phone or watch, and I'm at 54% after about half that long! Yesterday was the first day where I got close to the 1.5 day battery life many people claim with similar settings. Would it be reasonable at this point to try to get a replacement?

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'd try for a replacement. That kind of battery life renders the watch practically unusable, and you shouldn't have to compromise available features (I mean, you could turn it off and get months of battery life) to make it last through at least 14 hours.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC