Any new Huawei Watch owners since the Holidays?

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone--

Proud new owner of a Huawei Watch! My wife remembered that mentioned wanting one a while back and decided to surprise me or Christmas. It's my first smartwatch and so far I love it!

Anyone else get one for Christmas? For you veteran Huawei Watch owners, what's your favorite features/apps you can't live without?

Thanks in advance!
Jchapman

cmurgia

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Ditto here. Loving it so far, keep trying new faces.

Only issue so far is when I try to open "calling setup". Every time I open it, it says update to the latest software, then goes to the system update page just to say it's up to date. I've already reset it and same issue. My phone is an HTC 10.

Any thoughts?

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving mine so far... battery is way better than I expected! I got 2 days with the screen on. Now I'm trying for 4 days with the screen off option.

What's your favorite apps so far?

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Only issue so far is when I try to open "calling setup". Every time I open it, it says update to the latest software, then goes to the system update page just to say it's up to date. I've already reset it and same issue. My phone is an HTC 10.

Any thoughts?

I can't find calling setup on my watch. Not sure if I can help...

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Huawei Watch for about a week now... Love it!!! As far as apps I haven't found one that I can say I use slot except for the Shazam. Easier to tag a song on my Watch rather then fishing for my phone in my pocket before the song ends. The calling feature I've used once and that was when texting it. Haven't had any calls... I mean nobody really calls nowadays!!! lol

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Got my Huawei Watch for Christmas and I am loving it so far. Use it everyday. Bought a $15 sports band on Amazon so i can use it while I golf. Using the app Hole 19 and works well. I can record my score and see GPS distance. Thinking about buy a leather band since the version I got was the mesh band, which is a bit too formal for everyday use.

Battery life - maybe 1 day with heavy use. If not, I turn if off the minute I get home so I have enough to use the next day.

Using the app Coffee for SMS messenging. Handy and useful, however I notice that it does not yet support Group SMS? I'm hoping future update it can.

Overall i am liking it, and people comment on how nice it looks and that it doesnt look square like an apple watch.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Any thoughts?
Asus watch does exactly the same thing but you don't need to set up calling. It just works.

xfoneguy55

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought myself one shortly after the holidays. Then I decided to install the new Wear 2.0 Preview - it's awesome.....hundreds of new watch faces! I love this watch. I'm coming from a Zenwatch 2 and really prefer the round shape over the "AppleSquare". Other than that I'm still learning this new toy :)

Last edited:

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought myself one shortly after the holidays. Then I decided to install the new Wear 2.0 Preview - it's awesome.....hundreds of new watch faces! I love this watch. I'm coming from a Zenwatch 2 and really prefer the round shape over the "AppleSquare". Other than that I'm still learning this new toy :)

Nice! I haven't tried installing the new Wear 2.0 Preview yet. I'll look into it. Was it difficult/time consuming?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
WatchMaster is my go-to for watchfaces. I sprung for the full version, so I can access all 281 faces (and growing). There are lots of faces that make the watch look absolutely boss.:cool: (Note that this is different from WatchMaker.)

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I've been going back and forth about getting one for the last few months since I've seen it on sale for $199. I'm going to wait for next week to see what the Huawei watch 2 has to offer.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine for a little over a week and I love it! I got the Elegant, it's running $200 cheaper than original price, plus I had a gift card. It is a gorgeous watch and it is working great too. I didn't wait for HW2 because this one is getting AW2.0 anyway, and it's not likely there would be a more female-friendly version of HW2 right off the bat. I hope the 2.0 update comes soon!

xfoneguy55

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
sorry it took me a while to get back to you - it's fairly simple and took me maybe 1/2 hour - and mind you, I had to do a bit of a quickie "crash course" as I previously had no idea what to do.... it sounds like it might be a while yet, so the Preview might still be worthwhile. Let me know if you need any more info/help.

xfoneguy55

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Nice! I haven't tried installing the new Wear 2.0 Preview yet. I'll look into it. Was it difficult/time consuming?

Relatively simple and didn't take me more than 1/2 hr or so. I'm glad I didn't wait - this is working really well with my IPhone 6. It sounds like we could be waiting for some time for the "real thing" (AW2)

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I'm always nervous when I need to install updates to anything Android. I always see to have to wipe and reload everything to get it working smoothly. I might give this a shot!

doc64

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I got the Huawei watch the other day and i am really impressed with it. I have downloaded loads of stunning watch faces, including Rolex, Omega and Longines. The other night when i wore it out for the first time i had several people comment on how good it looked.
If you do decide to get an android wear smart watch i would recommend also downloading 2 apps. Watchmaker premium and my watches companion. Watchmaker gives you access to thousands of watch faces ranging from cartoony to designer.
I have obtained loads of prestige faces from the app, my one bug bear however was that when the watch went into dim mode, most watch faces either freeze the second hand, making it appear that your watch has stopped, or they change to a totally different looking face that is perhaps not as good looking.
My watches companion allows you to select a watch face, choose to remove second hand from dim mode or to remove dim mode altogether, then install it on your phone using watchmaker. I had bought the Huawei watch despite having a sony smart watch 3 as i always envied how real some of the quality round faces looked. I am now like a pig in the proverbial. Good luck.

Check https://plus.google.com/communities/106982503578105386202
Join the community and you can then either search for all round faces, square faces etc. using filters at left hand side of page or you can use the search facility to look for names.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol