Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HUAWEI Ascend II

Please help. I purchased the Huawei Ascend II from Wal-Mart so I could use their Straight Talk. I am able to send text messages, but no one is able to reply or send a message to me. I have been on the phone for the last three days with Straight Talk for probably a total of 6 hours. Since, I am able to send a text to myself, they have come to the conclusion that the problem is with everybody else's phone, not mine. Any suggestions???

Default Re: HUAWEI Ascend II

Quote Originally Posted by criteb View Post
    they have come to the conclusion that the problem is with everybody else's phone, not mine.
    Then it's simple. Just tell everyone you know to get a new phone!! haha sounds like straighttalk would say that.
    Seriously, the only thing I can suggest is try to see if there is a software update for the phone. In settings, under about phone should be an online upgrade option.
    try that and also dial *22890 and let it update that way also.
    You can also try to email a text by emailing yournumber@vtext.com (if it's verizon towers not sure what the at&t mail address is.)
    Good luck