Videos will not play on PC

Cforte

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I am new here and hope this is the right forum. I have a Huawei-M835 and while all my pictures and other photos can be transferred automatically from it to my PC, whenever I try to open and play a video transferred that way I get this:"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." I have Windows 7 and Windows Media Player. Anyone know how can I get the videos to play?

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know what format your phone records in? If it's a .mov file, WMP often can't play them unless you download (and possibly have to pay for) extra codecs. But Apple's Quicktime might be able to play the video. You could also try VLC Player.

Cforte

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know what format your phone records in? If it's a .mov file, WMP often can't play them unless you download (and possibly have to pay for) extra codecs. But Apple's Quicktime might be able to play the video. You could also try VLC Player.

I'm sorry, no I don't know. I'm trying to download Quicktime right now. If that doesn't work, what codec do I look for? Is there an approved sight to download one from for Windows Media Player on Windows 7?

Thanks.

-Chris

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can see what kind of video file it is on your computer by opening Windows Explorer, locating the file, right-clicking it, and selecting Properties.

Here's a site for Windows 7 codecs: http://www.windows7codecs.com/. Be aware that I haven't tried them, but they have a CNet approval, so hopefully they're legit.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I am new here and hope this is the right forum. I have a Huawei-M835 and while all my pictures and other photos can be transferred automatically from it to my PC, whenever I try to open and play a video transferred that way I get this:"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." I have Windows 7 and Windows Media Player. Anyone know how can I get the videos to play?

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

You can also try vlc media player.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2