Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Huawei G300+ hot and draining battery

My G300+ has (in the last couple of days) started running very hot (50c) and is draining the battery extremely fast (about an hour to drain from 100%).
    I have had the phone for almost a year and until not there has been no problems.
    I have removed all my apps and done a factory reboot and it is still hot and draining.
    I have removed the SD card and it is still hot and draining.
    I have changed SIM card and it is still hot and draining.
    I have put it in flight mode and it cools down and battery is ok ... but flight mode is essentially useless.
    I put a battery monitor app on to see what is using the battery and it indicates that "Radio Signal" is what is using the power - signal strength is always high and I am in a "5-bar" service area.
    I guess this is the root of the problem, but I'm clueless as to how to fix the problem.
    Should get a new battery?
    Should I get a new phone?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Global Posts
    20,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Huawei G300+ hot and draining battery

Quote Originally Posted by Treebone View Post
    My G300+ has (in the last couple of days) started running very hot (50c) and is draining the battery extremely fast (about an hour to drain from 100%).
    I have had the phone for almost a year and until not there has been no problems.
    I have removed all my apps and done a factory reboot and it is still hot and draining.
    I have removed the SD card and it is still hot and draining.
    I have changed SIM card and it is still hot and draining.
    I have put it in flight mode and it cools down and battery is ok ... but flight mode is essentially useless.
    I put a battery monitor app on to see what is using the battery and it indicates that "Radio Signal" is what is using the power - signal strength is always high and I am in a "5-bar" service area.
    I guess this is the root of the problem, but I'm clueless as to how to fix the problem.
    Should get a new battery?
    Should I get a new phone?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Welcome to the forums.
    With everything you have described, it sounds like there is a problem with either the physical radios or the software dealing with them. If it were me, I might start looking at a new phone.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here