- 1 Posts
Huawei G300+ hot and draining battery
My G300+ has (in the last couple of days) started running very hot (50c) and is draining the battery extremely fast (about an hour to drain from 100%).
I have had the phone for almost a year and until not there has been no problems.
I have removed all my apps and done a factory reboot and it is still hot and draining.
I have removed the SD card and it is still hot and draining.
I have changed SIM card and it is still hot and draining.
I have put it in flight mode and it cools down and battery is ok ... but flight mode is essentially useless.
I put a battery monitor app on to see what is using the battery and it indicates that "Radio Signal" is what is using the power - signal strength is always high and I am in a "5-bar" service area.
I guess this is the root of the problem, but I'm clueless as to how to fix the problem.
Should get a new battery?
Should I get a new phone?
Any help would be appreciated.
- 03-22-2014, 10:31 AM #2
- By Seth Lamb1 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 9Last Post: 03-24-2014, 08:28 PM
- By hg1027 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 03-23-2014, 02:45 AM
- By hkbladelawhk in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 03-21-2014, 08:05 PM
- By MSP2 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 03-21-2014, 06:54 PM
- By Shaker Bin Sulaiman in forum LG G2Replies: 0Last Post: 03-21-2014, 04:49 PM