Encrpting the Huawei Ascend G7?

Osman SG

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I've had a look around the various forums and even emailed Huawei (with no response) about a recently purchased Huawei Ascend G7.

I've got to get work email on there, but I can only do this with encryption enabled. Try as I might, I have been unable to find the encryption option on the G7. My previous HTC One had it under security settings.

The device is running Android 4.4.4 (kitkat). Has anyone seen this issue before or know how I can get Huawei to assist? The device is pretty much pointless without encryption. *sob*

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had a look around the various forums and even emailed Huawei (with no response) about a recently purchased Huawei Ascend G7.

I've got to get work email on there, but I can only do this with encryption enabled. Try as I might, I have been unable to find the encryption option on the G7. My previous HTC One had it under security settings.

The device is running Android 4.4.4 (kitkat). Has anyone seen this issue before or know how I can get Huawei to assist? The device is pretty much pointless without encryption. *sob*

Welcome to Android Central!

Looking through the manual there does not seem a way to encrypt the phone through the settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz