Why don't I have guest mode on my Huawei Y6?

A

AC Question

huawei y6

there is no guest mode in my huawei y6 ... also there is no lock screen on screen notifications.... why??? how to fix .... have i ruined my money????

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: huawei y6

Welcome to Android Central! First, make sure the phone isn't on any kind of "Easy Mode."

Go to Settings>Users. Is there anything there about a guest profile?

What do you mean by "no lock screen on screen notifications"? Do you mean that you don't get any notifications on the lockscreen? Or that you can't find an option to set a screen lock?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That may be a limitation due to Huawei's own modification of Android.

What version of Android is the phone running?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Sound & Notification. Is there an option for "When Device Is Locked"? If so, make sure it's set to "Show All Notification Content."

azhar05

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
OK ... i have tried this. now showing nitrifications. thanks. but guest mode is not available in this device. that is fault of Huawei co. i think.

DaSofaSurfer

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site

no there is any option of user

I just got Samsung S7 running Android 6.0.1 and I don't have "user" option either so I don't have guest mode. I loved guest mode. I will be very paranoid to have my phone in somebody else's hand. It will be awkward if somebody asks for it.

I tried an app on Google Play called "guest mode" for such situations. It was awful and just won't do. It doesn't even let you pre-program a different pattern or pin on the unlock screen to open in either normal or guest mode. What's the point of that?

Please if you find a good alternative please let me know. I am so gutted I can't see myself enjoying my android experience nowhere near as much without it.