Lost contact list, no Google sync available. What can I do?

Strazdas0

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Lost contact list, no google sync available

Hello, Today my phone decided to crash when playing an audio file from SD card. After turning it back on i was greeted by a language selection screen and basic setup, as if the phone has been reset. It also did not see any SD card being inserted into it. Whats worse - all my contacts, messages, etc. has disappeared. As i do not connect to the internet with my phone, i had no use for google sync feature so it never learned of my contacts ( i guess i was too used to using phones that dont decide to wipe everything at a whim, it seems the more i use android the worse it looks as an OS).

Is there any way to restore the data from phones files? The files that were in internal memory are still there (and i also have a copy on my PC as much as a normal explorer would allow access to), the phone seems to be obliviuos about it, though (installed apps are not showing up, ect). The contact list is the important part, the rest i can survive without.

Phone: Huawei U8860
Android version: 4.0.3 (phone claims no updates available for a long time, i guess its too slow for new versions)

P.S. who the hell designs phones to wipe data after failing to read SD card?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lost contact list, no google sync available

Long shot, but have you tried simply rebooting your device? Does it happen to say safe mode in the bottom left hand corner?

Try booting into recovery and wiping system cache. Then reboot.

If your internal memory is still there, your contacts should still be stored on your device.

Strazdas0

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: Lost contact list, no google sync available

Hello, thanks for the answer. I have tried rebooting the phone, first thing i did actually. It did not help the situation. It does not have any text on the bottom left corner, just the stock icons of default apps.

I seem to be unable to start recovery mode. i tried multiple combinations that are supposed to work according to google, but the phone just starts normally. I tried Volume up + power, volume down + power, both volume up and down + power. It however does not seem to do anything.

Edit: I seem to be able to enter recovery mode, turns out the default "fast boot" option has somehow interfered and after disabling that i got into recovery mode and wiped the system cache.

Still no contacts though.

Is there anything else i could try?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad