Seidio Surface Case Review

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
The need for a low profile unobtrusive case is a struggle any smartphone user has to deal with. This where Seidio steps in and provides the very thing we?re looking for with their Surface line.
p1000241.jpg

The Surface is one of the many cases that Seidio makes for the Incredible 2/S. The surface is made from a hard durable plastic but has a soft coating to keep it feeling nice and soft in your hands. Seidio?s aim with the Surface is to provide protection without imposing on the phones overall size and they have definitely succeeded in that department.

As you can see the Surface is a two piece case that slides around your phone. A soft push on the back of the case detaches the latch allowing you to separate the case and slide it on your phone.The case has cut outs around the power button, usb port, volume buttons and head phone jack. On the back of the case you can see the cutouts for the camera, flash and external speaker. Where I think this case does well is by not having rubber coverings over the mentioned cut outs. Obviously a personal preference but I feel the rubber coverings make it more difficult to operate and use the phone.

p1000245.jpg

p1000246.jpg

The Surface fits snugly on the phone and as I mentioned does provide any extra bulk to an already sleek Incredible 2. In the picture you can see the low profile fit of the case around the outer edges of the phone. The soft coating on the phone makes it nice to hold and easy to get in and out of the pocket. This is great for those of us like to keep the phone in our pocket over a bag or belt clip.

p1000244.jpg

p1000253.jpg

Something to consider is that it is a little difficult to use the power button when the case is on. This is not the fault of the case as the power button is a low profile button which is not the easiest to use even without a case.

The Seidio Surface is everything I was looking for in a case: low profile, light and protective. I would highly recommend this to case to anyone with the same concerns.
p1000249.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BorderGirl

garavin

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I considered the Surface but went with the Active case instead. I am one who appreciates the rubber button covers-- I think they make the buttons easier to press. I also bought Seidio's clip holster, & the two work very well together. The case has already saved my DINC2 from damage when I knocked it off a table onto a hard tile floor. Feels good in hand too. Now I'm just wondering if there's a car clip I can use that will put the phone into car mode with the case installed...

Last edited:

AD0791

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
So the million dollar question -- does it feel like it will protect the phone if you drop it?

I just ordered my Dinc2 from Target.com yesterday. I tossed in one of the rubberized hard cases they offered just so I'd have something on it from day 1 and be able to shop at leisure for the "perfect" case. I like to have some color both for fun and to make the phone easier to see on a cluttered desk or table or sitting on the couch.

UnicyclistRobe

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I just got one based off this review and I must say that this case has exceeded expectations. I hate cases but this one is so thin ibdont mind. That is the first time this has ever happened.

BorderGirl

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Surface case today and I absolutely love it. The color is a lot more vibrant than it appears on the website. I grabbed it off of amazon for under $20.

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the pics and review. I just received this today after order it from android central store when it was the deal of the day. Nice case for $20.