[CASE][REVIEW]Gloss Black TPU Cover Skin

legacy23

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Here's my take on a case I picked up for my Inc 2. Feel free to leave me any feedback you have or ask any questions. Here's the site for higher res shots. LINK

DSCF5020-150x150.jpg

When it comes to a case for my smartphone I?m pretty picky, however, the Gloss Black TPU Cover Skin for the HTC Droid Incredible 2 is hands down my favorite. It offers style and protection without breaking the bank which is a major plus for me.

The case is not made of the same material as your typical silicon case so you don?t have to worry about it stretching after time and not fitting your phone as snug as it did on day 1. It?s made out of a material called Thermoplastic polyurethane, which is why it won?t stretch like typical silicon cases but still offers incredible (see what I did there?) shock absorption and abrasion resistance.

It has cutouts for all the buttons and ports with the exception of the volume rocker. Some say it?s a little difficult to adjust the volume but I haven?t had a problem with it. On the interior of the case it has a slick looking argyle pattern, I think this was a way to make two versions of the same case while saving money on materials. I think that?s pretty damn smart and I actually like the pattern on the inside (kinda reminds me of the bright red coloring under the battery cover of the OG Inc).

All in all, this is my favorite case for this phone to date. You can pick it up on Ebay or Amazon and there are more pics after the jump.

DSCF5019-150x150.jpg

DSCF5018-150x150.jpg

DSCF5017-150x150.jpg

It'll take too long for me to post all the pics so check the site if you want to see them all. Thanks. LINK

Last edited:
Reactions: Sugrat

legacy23

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Anytime, I'm glad I could help. If there are any other cases that you think I should review, feel free to let me know.

Zelmo88#AC

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Bought one about a week ago and really like it. Stiffer than the silicone, but fits great. Slides in and out of my pocket but still has good grip when holding it. I got the gloss black also, but they do make a dark gray with an argyle pattern to it. Found mine in Amazon. Good protection at a reasonable price. I may order a gray argyle too just for kicks!

zlee67

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Got one this week and fits very well. Provides good grip holding the phone in addition to putting it in and taking out of the pocket. Prefer this compared to the silicone case that are like lint traps.

gobruins72

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine in the mail, and I already like it more than the $25 otterbox commuter case I was using before this. It's slim enough so that I can use one hand to type (which I'm doing now) but also has enough grip so that I won't worry about it slipping out (a problem with the commuter case).

Not quite sure how protective it'll be, but hopefully I wont have to find out!

Thanks for recommending this case :)

technician199

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I also just received my TPU case. Would agree with what everyone here is saying. My case does not have a cutout for the power button. This is okay for me because I was having trouble pressing it before, now I just have to be close. Great material, I'm a fan of TPU and will be recommending it to everyone.

legacy23

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, I'm not affiliated with the company that makes the case but i'm glad all of you like it as much as I did. If anyone has any suggestions for a different review feel free to let me know. As soon as I can get some ROMs loaded up my phone I'll start reviewing them.

Sugrat

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I haven?t received my case yet because of a shipping issue but I would like to say how wonderful the case seller has been. When I let them know that I had not received my case, they looked right in to the issue and found that it was still waiting at their local post office.

What most other companies would have done, is say sorry and offer to send a replacement or ask if I want a refund.

What these guys did without me asking, is automatically send me a replacement and also refunded my full purchase amount just to say sorry that I had not received the case.

I would have just been happy with the replacement but with these guys going the extra step shows me that they truly care about their customers and what to make sure they are happy!!

I have recommend these guys to my other INC2 friends.

legacy23

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I haven?t received my case yet because of a shipping issue but I would like to say how wonderful the case seller has been. When I let them know that I had not received my case, they looked right in to the issue and found that it was still waiting at their local post office.

What most other companies would have done, is say sorry and offer to send a replacement or ask if I want a refund.

What these guys did without me asking, is automatically send me a replacement and also refunded my full purchase amount just to say sorry that I had not received the case.

I would have just been happy with the replacement but with these guys going the extra step shows me that they truly care about their customers and what to make sure they are happy!!

I have recommend these guys to my other INC2 friends.

Wow, that's excellent. I'll make sure to continue to recommend them to any Inc2 owners I know.

atison

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got my TPU case yesterday. Awesome case for a great price. It is minimalistic, yet gives the phone the right amount of heft to feel better in your hand. Slides in and out of pockets as easy as stock.

Go get one now. You wont regret it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463