[GUIDE/VIDEO] Root Gingerbread on your Incredible 2 (2.3.3 ONLY!)

cnj2010

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] Root Gingerbread on your Incredible 2

Would just like to say thanks.. Just switched over from iphone to DINC2 and this tut helped me immensely... Took no time at all and i was up and rooted.. Many thanks

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site

noob questions:

1.whats a good way to back up my stuff before i try this?

2. can i revert to stock unrooted, and if so how do i do it?

3. should i uninstall any launcher apps like LauncherPro before hand?

thanks.

UPDATE: i went for it and cant get past the "plug in your phone" step. maybe im an idiot but it keeps popping up a Wizard window and the damn Verizon page in my browser. and then Rev never finds my phone. what do i do?

Last edited:

crazy_skier

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Did you install the drivers and uninstall htc sync? About the only thing I can think if since the wizard is popping up

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I found the drivers and installed them. I couldn't find htcsync on my machine. Then I looked at the clock and went to sleep.

So I haven't done any more. Thanks for the reply.

How do I find sync if I have it?

sent from my DInc2 with Tapatalk

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

I found the drivers and installed them. I couldn't find htcsync on my machine. Then I looked at the clock and went to sleep.

So I haven't done any more. Thanks for the reply.

How do I find sync if I have it?

In the OP, did you click on the "HERE" to install the drivers mentioned?

Using the following guide we will gain S-OFF, install a custom recovery (ClockworkMod), and get Superuser access (Sexy).

Note: Windows Users must download and install HTC Fastboot Drivers beforehand. [HERE]

If you did, then you should see the HTC drivers listed in your add/remove software screen.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

Cool I didn't get that far. But I do have the drivers installed now.

It's very important to read through all the steps several times before giving this a try. it makes the process lots easier.

XCalibration17

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

Worked perfectly, now what is the best way to get rid of all the verizon bloat?? Titanium and freeze it or delete it?

Tlands90

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Does Revolutionary come with a ClockworkMod in it? So when It prompts you do all you need to do is select it (clockworkmod)? or do you need to put a .zip in the root of your sd prior to this whole process (like how you need to put the superuser.zip at the root before doing this)

Just switched over from the fascinate so I know how much of the process works, but HTC is kind of a totally different ball game when it comes to rooting :)

Tlands90

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Says Beta Key is invalid and aborts! Typed in the write Serial number and the right Beta key... WTF. This is super annoying....

Please Help!

NVM! got it :) now to just get rid of all this bloatware!

Last edited:

JoshB410

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Completely new to Rooting, I just upgraded to the HTC Incredible 2 the other day, coming from a Motorola Droid 2 Global.

Just followed this guide and the process was FLAWLESS.
I followed the written instructions from the OP alongside the YouTube video here:
How to Root - HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Now Supports 2.3 Gingerbread) - YouTube

Time to start exploring what I can do with a rooted phone, thanks to everyone!

TrainerVa

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

It doesn't really matter which way I try, I can't get my computer to recognize my phone. Each time the process gets stuck when the command prompt says "Waiting for Device" --- Any suggestions? Rooted other phones before, but have never had this much trouble.

rofljack10

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

so i rooted my incredible 2, and i have superuser and all.... but now what can i do? i just want to change the settings and stuff but how do i do that?

surfmly29

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

Quick question... should I be looking to install ROM Mgr (Clockwork) from the market after this? I was able to get it rooted without much problem (following youtube with the tutorial here), but don't see ROM Mgr in list of apps. Didn't want to install it from the market if it was already installed and just wasn't showing up in the app drawer. Thanks for the tutorial!

UPDATE: was able to book into Hboot and get into recovery (Clockwork). I created a backup OK, so it appears we are fine, just don't have the app listed and no UI access to it, we only can use the recover mode (which is used most of the time anyway).

Last edited:

kawikid1425

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Someone PLEASE HELP!!! This is my first time rooting a phone and i installed the revolutionary fine, but when it never asked me to install clockwork so im trying to install it manually and the cwm4.1.0.4 vivow.img is not working, i watched youtube videos and everything and cant figure out how to install the clockworkmod. i guess once it is installed then i install the superuser? please help me get clockwork and superuser installed, revoulutionary installed good

kawikid1425

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Ok i got the recovery installed(clockworkmod) but superuser will not work? I have tried every update i can find on the internet and none off them work. I have been flashing updates and tries downloading superuser from several sites and i get the same message everytime! I downloaded superuser from the market, then tried the new update from androidsu.com and still days same error mssg. that no files found that there is a error. where can i find the correct update i am using the 2.3.6 update from android su.com????????????????????????

notluK

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Ok i got the recovery installed(clockworkmod) but superuser will not work? I have tried every update i can find on the internet and none off them work. I have been flashing updates and tries downloading superuser from several sites and i get the same message everytime! I downloaded superuser from the market, then tried the new update from androidsu.com and still days same error mssg. that no files found that there is a error. where can i find the correct update i am using the 2.3.6 update from android su.com????????????????????????

Try a few of the older superusers, anything 2.3.x essentially.
Maybe even try flashing CWM again if that doesn't work.
Can you post the exact error message if you still haven't resolved the issue?

notluK

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Working on an unrooting walkthrough and videos to accompany all guides.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo