Bricked my Dinc 2 (rooted ging 2.3.3 clock md 4.0.0.7)

Jasonklim27

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So i tried to follow the method of using clockwork to flash zip files but there is no "boot" to select flash

factory reset seems to do nothing in the fastboot menu.
most roms give me error 42 or 47
some errors include zip wrong file
unpacking
wrong file

clockwork v 4.0.0.7

-revolutionary-
vivo-w xb ship s-off rl
hboot-6.13.1002
radio-1.09.01.0622
eMMC-boot

Rooted dinc 2 came stock with 2.2 and did the factory upgrade to Gingerbread.
Waited for alpha rev to come out with root method
worked great
after several weeks tried to experiment with custom boot images and now i have a bricked phone
have flashed 100s of roms to no avail. used adb method of pushing flashing
have removed sd card and transferred files directly from pc
all files either way get to sd card fine, but no matter how i flash, i get nowhere.
keeps getting stuck on htc (green letters) white background screen, and it either freezes there or goes back into clockwork recovery console. I know that this is no body's fault but my own, i am sorry for being an idoit (knowing only enough to get myself in trouble) but any help from you veterans out there would be much appreciated
i hope someone is able to help me and i am not past the point of running my phone over and claiming it on my insurance, but that seems to be where this is heading from the hundreds of posts i have read, i have tried these methods (that did work before) and no luck
:(

Jasonklim27

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Starting recovery on Sat Aug 27 15:56:28 2011
can't open /dev/tty0: No such file or directory
framebuffer: fd 3 (480 x 800)
ClockworkMod Recovery v4.0.0.7
recovery filesystem table
=========================
0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null)
1 /recovery emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p21 (null)
2 /boot emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p22 (null)
3 /cache ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p27 (null)
4 /data ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p26 (null)
5 /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /dev/block/mmcblk1
6 /system ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 (null)

W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /sd-ext during fstab generation!
I:Completed outputting fstab.
I:processing arguments.
I:Checking arguments.
I:device_recovery_start()
Command: "/sbin/recovery"

Last edited:

sttngagt

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Go to the xda forum site for dinc2. U will be waiting here forever for help. Good luck. If anyone can solve ur problems they can.

ghostriderswife

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Go to the xda forum site for dinc2. U will be waiting here forever for help. Good luck. If anyone can solve ur problems they can.
The same thing happened to me with my dinc 2. When you get to the bootup screen and it gives you all the warnings that the files dont exist do this..

Bootup screen press recovery.
On your sd card you should have an older rom saved if you were flashing properly, so goto install zip from sd card. Once you do that you can literally choose any rom you have saved so search everywhere on your sd card youll find one saved as long as you were using some type of rom flashing manager. find the rom and press install then reboot phone. i swore my phone was bricked too, but once i did that i was able to delete the faulty files and start to flash again. havent had problems since. Good luck