Virtuous 3.0 rom for DInc2?

Adroit0420

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
i had it installed for a few days, looked great and fan super quick. did have trouble sending/receiving mms and didnt have settings to change radio from cdma to gsm. other than that it ran good. :)

AliceBToklas

May 1, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't have GSM support at all. If you need that then you should look elsewhere - or have another ROM for that situation. I don't need it and the ROM has been running great for me. Haven't made the leap to the latest release though.

deano131

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I may be strange but I like Sense and I liked the stock ROM on my Dinc2. But I didn't like Verizon loading crap on my phone I didn't want plus I don't trust over the air updates. When I buy a box store Computer the 1st thing I do is format the hard drive and reinstall the OS only. Because I want it the way I want it not how the Mfg. wants me to have it. So to have the ability to do this to my phone is great.

That said I have been running Virtuous Unity v1.31.3 for a couple weeks. I assume this is the same ROM you are asking about.

I see no need for me to change ROM's This one does everything I need it do. Reliably, smoothly and fast. I have never had a FC or any other problems. I don't need GSM so I don't' care if this ROM supports it. If I ever need it I can simply flash a ROM that supports GSM in a matter of minuets and I am good to go.

I really like Sense 3.0, I did load a independent update by andybones from XDA website to give me a transparent notification screen and change the EVDO notification to 3G plus it removed the stupid GPS cross hair notification.

kberube911

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if anyone had this happen on this rom.....I would get text messages from a strange vzw number that would only have a number in the actual message (ie. 1, or 5, etc.) and it would have an important exclamation point. these would come thru about every 10 minutes or so all day long. only on this rom though. when I switched back to my original rom it was gone.

does anyone know why that would happen? I really loved the rom otherwise

deano131

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if anyone had this happen on this rom.....I would get text messages from a strange vzw number that would only have a number in the actual message (ie. 1, or 5, etc.) and it would have an important exclamation point. these would come thru about every 10 minutes or so all day long. only on this rom though. when I switched back to my original rom it was gone.

does anyone know why that would happen? I really loved the rom otherwise

I think you have the same thing I had. I never had this issue until I started using this ROM.

Go to your online verizon account, options and check the following:

Contact Management
Select any of the following features: Sync and Connect - FREE Subscription

If it is selected you will get a stupid text everytime your phone updates your contacts.

If you can't find it online call Verizon and tell them you want to unsubscribe from the Contact Sync and Connect Contact Manager.

Reactions: kberube911

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just installed this ROM and everything works great except for the email (gmail). Also the Google search keeps force closing. I installed the patch off of ROM manager and i still have the same problem. Any fixes for this?

Sent from my Dinc2 using Tapatalk Pro

Jamezcua

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed to my phone and I love it. Took a little while to find all the patches that I need it but it was worth it. Sense 3.0 rocks!

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. I kept getting text messages from 6250 saying "1!" .. I did some research and that is the backup assistant from Verizon. I guess I'll try and cancel that.

saynt j

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Running pretty smoothly here. Have the mms issue, but a few attempts retrieves the pic...
Also had an issue with bt saying it was connecting but still playing music through the phone speaker and not my headphones... But that had seemed to resolve itself.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

sttngagt

May 14, 2011
Visit site
After running MIUI I can't say I miss Sense at all. I did try this ROM though, and I was done with it almost as soon as I loaded it. I don't like the friend stream thing, nor did I really miss having those screens HTC wants me to have. I liked the animations, but felt the weather screen was really redundant when I have the clock/weather widget on my home screen. That clock/weather widget is really the best part of Sense I think. But I have a clock with the turning animations on MIUI, and I have weatherbug, which I prefer and always have anyways. Anyways, I think my camera FCd also, probably had to fix permissions and it would have been fine. But after a couple of hours I was about done with it. Not sure if you can remove all those HTC screens like friend stream, etc. I would think you could, but I went back to MIUI. I will definitely keep an eye on the Virtuous ROMS though, I'm interested to see how they improve...

crazy_skier

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I installed the 2.x version after having the 1.3.3? Version. Not as liked. Mostly due to the browser changes and i don't think this phone needs overclocking. Wish that was an option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon