1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Default New 1.09.01.0722 Radio Now Available

The radio has been extracted from the new OTA update and posted on XDA and Rootzwiki. XDA: RW: (I didn't do the work, just getting the information out there.)

I pulled this from the unsigned dump posted by jcase last night and have been running for about 13 hours now. I am seeing a significant improvement. (I am running MIUI, but that doesn't really matter that much for the radio.) Previously with 0622, I was consistently 10-20dbm lower than my OG Droid sitting right next to it. Now they are almost equal. I have never seen my dinc2 get better than -80 and I am currently at -73dbm in the same location where before the flash I was at usually -85 to -100dbm.

Seems like a keeper.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Default Re: New 1.09.01.0722 Radio Now Available

just loaded it onto rooted stock and it definitely gets a stronger numerical signal strength. whether that translates to real world use i dont know yet. they could have just tweaked the scale for all we know. placebo effect!! but it definitely looks promising.

Total noob question but how do I apply the new radio, already rooted and such but would like the benefit of the updated radio.

See the for how to flash a new radio.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Please be sure you check the MD5 before flashing any Radios. Five extra minutes will save you a TON of heartache.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Hi Folks, hate to be the Newbee on the HTC side,
    I had a fascinate, now I have the Inc 2 .
    Im on verizon. I see this one has a sim card,
    I would like to unlock it and use it in europe when there, But they are GSM . can this work ?

ROM
    CM7, Liberty, CM7

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Please be sure you check the MD5 before flashing any Radios. Five extra minutes will save you a TON of heartache.
    Amen, amen!

Radio looks pretty decent thus far, I'll be out this evening and will be able to see if it makes a difference from actual use. Signal has been typically been weak in my area.

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

Updated to new radio. Did the *228 option 1 and the *228 option 2. No changes. Maybe when I get to work it will show an improvement...

ROM
    Clean Rom Pro 4.3 S-Off

Quote Originally Posted by ABQNM View Post
    The radio has been extracted from the new OTA update and posted on XDA and Rootzwiki. XDA: RW: (I didn't do the work, just getting the information out there.)

I pulled this from the unsigned dump posted by jcase last night and have been running for about 13 hours now. I am seeing a significant improvement. (I am running MIUI, but that doesn't really matter that much for the radio.) Previously with 0622, I was consistently 10-20dbm lower than my OG Droid sitting right next to it. Now they are almost equal. I have never seen my dinc2 get better than -80 and I am currently at -73dbm in the same location where before the flash I was at usually -85 to -100dbm.

Seems like a keeper.
    How are you running MIUI ? i can't get it to work for me. iv'e tired so many times and every time i get a boot loop. could you help me out ? i'm running Virtuous Unity v2.37.0 right now can i flash the new radios with this rom ?

Thanks

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Updated the radio over 2 days ago, so far did not notice any significant change...

ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

My signal doesn't seem to have changed.I mean dbm not the bars. But I noticed last night in an area where I would usually have to ask people to repeat themselves several times in a conversation, I am getting much better call quality.

Default ADB commands unsuccessful in flashing radio. Why?

Does anyone know why following the linked instructions didn't work for me? Here's what I did:

I followed the directions linked above to flash the new radio. But adb did not want to push the zip file over. It kept saying "failed to copy 'PG32IMG.zip' to '/sdcard/PG32IMG.zip': Read-only file system"

It wasn't read only, though. I could drop files on the sd manually in Explorer, so why not via this method? I kept unplugging and replugging and rebooting and then one time it worked. It pushed the file over. Not sure why I couldn't have just dropped it there myself, manually, but whatevs.

So then step 2 wouldn't work. I'd run the md5 command and it would respond, "md5sum: can't open '/sdcard/PG32IMG.zip': No such file or directory"

Buuut it was there. I was looking at it. Tried that a few more times and it wouldn't work. So I figured maybe the file was bad. So I deleted it, redownloaded it, tried to push it over again, failed several times, and so just dropped it over there manually. Step 2 still wouldn't work after that so I gave up. I had to unroot to get it ready to send back to Verizon because they sent me a replacement.

I plan to root the new one and would like to put the new radio on it, but am wondering if I'll run into this same issue. I noticed that on notluK's unrooting instructions, which I successfully followed, he had us put the phone in charge only mode, not disk drive mode, to do the HBOOT adb commands. Should I have been trying to run these radio adb commands in charge only instead of disk drive? Is this a common snag people run into? How can I get around it?

ROM
    MIUI 1.11.4.1

I flashed 722 and i've noticed a slight better dbm. I'm running MIUI too. No issues. Currently, I'm at 103dBms, but that's good for my area. Reception sucks, but i don't ever get any dropped calls.

How do i check md5
    Thanks