Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts

Default Re: [GUIDE] Unroot Revolutionary on the Incredible 2

I just did this with my phone following jcase's guide on rootzwiki. My phone was Alpharev s-off. It worked perfectly.

i am on step 5 and permission has been denied for me to access "data/local/busybox"

any ideas on what i did wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [GUIDE] Unroot Revolutionary on the Incredible 2-untitled.jpg  

I have HTC Incredible S and i've rooted it with revolutionary.

When i try to update with the zip file then it says: Model ID incorrect! Update Fail! Press <power> to reboot.
    What should i do?

I Did this exact thing unrooting my phone, and i get "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE" when Trying OTA to 2.3.4....Which I need so I can sell off this phone.

Help? Anyone?

Exclamation Links Gone

Hey OP, or other users here, would anyone still happen to have the unroot zip with the .97 hboot nb0 file that they could mirror somehow (like MediaFire)? All of the mirrors have disabled the sharing of this file, and I need to finish these steps. Thanks in advance.

ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

I can't get the unroot zip to download it seems to have been deleted on all the mirrors I would guess it's because megaupload was seized and closed by the feds. Any one have it and can share it?

In case anybody is getting this error: "Failed to set prot mask (Inappropriate ioctl for device)".
    The reason you are getting this is because you flashed GB instead of FROYO before you Rest the hboot. I did it by accident and couldn't find a way to fix it until I realized I flashed the wrong version of Android. Hope this helps somebody.
    Thanked by:
    d000ma 

I uploaded the unroot file package somewhere else in case anybody is having problems finding it:

unroot.rar
    Thanked by 3:

Can anyone put up a mirror to the official froyo firmware. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Is there anyway to unroot without connecting to pc?

ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

Quote Originally Posted by b411sacs View Post
    Is there anyway to unroot without connecting to pc?
    No you need adb to get unrooted

Thanks for the file. Have a great day.

would I be able to just flash the original froyo firmware and take the OTA update to 2.3.5 and remain unrooted or would there be problems taking an OTA update from verizon while rooted?

I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but the mediafire download for the ROM will randomly stop before the full file is downloaded. The best I've done so far is 200mb, with the actual file being 306mb. Very frustrating.

Is there anyway to get mediafire to allow me to download the whole file, or resume the download? I've tried a few different browsers on mac, no difference. Or can I find the file elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by notluK View Post
    You can OTA, that's fine, but realize it will take you to 2.3.4 which is currently unrootable.
    Mine is incredible 2 with gb 2.3.4 and stuck on white screen what pl help

Hey, I'm a little late. I need to send this phone back due to battery issues. But all of the files you have her seem to be down. Could someone please upload them to a different locations so that i can download them?

ROM
    Nexus: Stock / DInc2: Mik

Okay, for those of you who have asked for the updated links to the files, I hope this helps.

Files:
    Index of /downloads/droidinc2
    (Download the Froyo RUUPG32IMG_RUU_Vivo_W_VERIZON_WWE_1.34.605.4_Radio_0.99.01.0225_2_NV_VZW1.92_release_182876_signed.zip)

unroot.zip
    (Download unroot.zip, this contains everything else you need, abd, busybox, psneuter, hboot_0.97.0... etc.)

Compliment to the Walk-through:
    How to restore to stock from AlpharevX INCREDIBLE 2 (vivow) ONLY - Droid Incredible 2 Development - RootzWiki

The only thing the link to the files leaves out is the RUU to Gingerbread : PG32IMG_RUU_Vivo_W_VERIZON_WWE_2.18.605.4_Radio_1. 09.01.0622_NV_VZW1.92_release_200325_signed.zip
    But that is okay, because you can just accept an OTA after unrooting successfully.

Hope this helps you all out.

Update: Here is the file to stock Gingerbread:
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0af...325_signed.exe
    Thanked by:

I cannot access the unroot zip
    Need help please

Quote Originally Posted by theslowhand View Post
    I cannot access the unroot zip
    Need help please
    I downloaded from the post above yours without a problem

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Phone: HTC One
    ROM: B.S.C. Tranquil One RLS 3
    Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0

Tablet: Transformer Prime
    ROM: Hairy Bean 2.1.1
    Recovery: TWRP

hey your links are just bringing me to the ad pages and not the downloads help plz

Okay... I'm pretty confused here. Months back, the OTA messed up my phone and I lost root. I managed to get it working, and today finally got a chance to try to run back through everything so I can have root again and put a ROM back on. Well, ran through the whole process ,went fine, got 2.2.1 and 2.3.3 with hboot 0.97.

Then I ran Revolutionary to get S-Off, said Yes to the CWM... and the next time my phone rebooted, it had Hboot 6.13, no sign of CWM, and I still cannot get root access. I can't get into Recovery from the boot screen, and I can't flash an SU.

So, a couple questions: Has anyone else seen this? Is Hboot 0.97 vs. 6.13 relevant to being able to get root? If I run through the psneuter method, can I get Hboot 0.97 back, or is that a bad, bad idea? What the hell is going on here??

Since I rooted my DINC2 with -revolutionary-, I was happy to see this guide on how to restore everything to its original config including s-on. My Verizon contract is up and I could get a new phone with 4G, and maybe sell my DINC2 for a few bucks if I could set it back as new. BUT, the links to the downloads in this guide are broken. For instance, the PG23IMG here:
    PG32IMG_RUU_Vivo_W_VERIZON_WWE_1.34.605.4_Radio_0. 99.01.0225_2_NV_VZW1.92_release_182876_signed.zip
    leads you to an ilivid site where you are prompted to download an .exe file !!! Having nothing to do with the file above. Same with unroot.zip file AND the Gingerbread file. AVG reported threats when I tried to get these files. In restoring my Vista partition from DVD image as I type this. Very disappointed !
    RDL

Ok, I missed a couple of posts above where someone placed a unroot.rar file up. Got it - thanks ! and the Froyo image too. But, the link for the Gingerbreak image (to a Verizon site) tells you the file has been removed. Anyone have a location for the Gingerbread image ?

RDL

Success !! No HTC driver in the unroot package and none in Windows Vista. Had to download and install the driver from this web site: Download PdaNet+
    These used DINC2s are going for about $100. on eBay. Might be able to sell this with proceeds toward a new 4G !!! Thanks for the trouble-free step by step. I was all evening chasing the files down when the operation took about 15 minutes to do once started. I'm hoping I'll get an OTA upgrade to 2.3.4 soon.
    RDL
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast