[GUIDE] Unroot Revolutionary on the Incredible 2

nrblank

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I'm trying this method to unroot my inc 2. I flashed froyo which appears to have worked fine. But when I try to reset the HBOOT using the extracted unroot.zip file the first command says
*daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037*
*daemon started successfully*
error: device not found

then every command after that just says

Any suggestions?

notluK

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I'm trying this method to unroot my inc 2. I flashed froyo which appears to have worked fine. But when I try to reset the HBOOT using the extracted unroot.zip file the first command says
*daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037*
*daemon started successfully*

then every command after that just says

Any suggestions?

One of two things.

You may not have enabled USB debugging.
There is an error with your USB drivers.

notluK

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I got it working. It wasn't receiving signal in the location I was at. . .which it should have been, but everything is working on 2.3.4 now. Haven't noticed too much from the new radio though

Sorry about that, I was gone over the weekend.

Sounds like a weird bug though because at that point it's all Verizon/HTC's doing.

But the errors you got while trying to flash 2.3.3 and Froyo are because you can't go back now, to my knowledge. And even if you could your HBOOT would still stay 0.98 which is at this point unrooted.

Hope everything is going smooth!

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I just did this with my phone following jcase's guide on rootzwiki. My phone was Alpharev s-off. It worked perfectly.

petzl990

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have HTC Incredible S and i've rooted it with revolutionary.

When i try to update with the zip file then it says: Model ID incorrect! Update Fail! Press <power> to reboot.
What should i do?

GreenAcid82

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I Did this exact thing unrooting my phone, and i get "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE" when Trying OTA to 2.3.4....Which I need so I can sell off this phone.

Help? Anyone? :(

RegnierD

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Links Gone

Hey OP, or other users here, would anyone still happen to have the unroot zip with the .97 hboot nb0 file that they could mirror somehow (like MediaFire)? All of the mirrors have disabled the sharing of this file, and I need to finish these steps. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't get the unroot zip to download it seems to have been deleted on all the mirrors I would guess it's because megaupload was seized and closed by the feds. Any one have it and can share it?

velcromango

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
In case anybody is getting this error: "Failed to set prot mask (Inappropriate ioctl for device)".
The reason you are getting this is because you flashed GB instead of FROYO before you Rest the hboot. I did it by accident and couldn't find a way to fix it until I realized I flashed the wrong version of Android. Hope this helps somebody.

Reactions: d000ma

harwooc

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
would I be able to just flash the original froyo firmware and take the OTA update to 2.3.5 and remain unrooted or would there be problems taking an OTA update from verizon while rooted?

digitalshepard

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but the mediafire download for the ROM will randomly stop before the full file is downloaded. The best I've done so far is 200mb, with the actual file being 306mb. Very frustrating.

Is there anyway to get mediafire to allow me to download the whole file, or resume the download? I've tried a few different browsers on mac, no difference. Or can I find the file elsewhere?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance