Back in the states, how do i get my Dinc 2 working again?

Tagged

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey all!

So I was in Ukraine for 2 months and just got back today. When I was there I took my DINC2 to a kiosk and they "hacked" my phone or sim card somehow to allow me to get onto a local CDMA network for data.

Now that I am back in the states my phone is not picking up any mobile network. I think they did have to hard reset the phone, maybe to unlock it? The Verizon sim card is still in the phone so I am not sure if they hacked the SIM card as well?

Since they spoke Russian, and I speak english, I was not able to get exact details on what they did but the friend we had with us who spoke some Russian said they did not root the phone.

Help please?! Thank you all!

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
CDMA doesn't have anything to do with that sim card, so that shouldn't be the problem. However, just in case, try removing the sim card and see if it picks up Verizon's network. (what I used to do with my world phones is flip the sim so it wouldn't try searching for GSM frequencies while I was home, so I didn't lose the sim... Just a thought)

If that doesn't work, then they may have flashed your phone. In that case, I have no idea where to begin walking you through a reflash... Maybe one of these lovely folks here can help you out with that.

Since the Ukraine uses both, I'm not sure what they did.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Tagged

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok, put SIM card in backwards, pulled battery and rebooted, still not connecting. Followed the unrooting guide to try to put stock rom back on, got a message that said Update Failed, file was older that original.

What should I try next. Wife is going to kill me if I cannot get her phone working :)

Should I try rooting it and then flashing the stock rom?

Need help! Thanks all

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Speaking for the other clueless near-noobs in this forum, you'd probably have better luck asking this question in the xda forums, where people speak the language of rooting and romming and tinkering fluently. With that said, have you tried banging it on the desk?

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
When I said flash earlier, I didn't mean flashing the rom, I meant flashing the carrier. The CDMA signal doesn't really have anything to do with what rom you're running.

I think Astrodroid may be right, check xda.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you choose CDMA mode first. Hopefully you will see a tower. Also try it with the SIM card out. Then you might be able to do *228 option 1.