Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default what is the best/ newest way to root

want to root and just need a how to and also which ROMs are the best. I have never rooted but I am computer savy. Thanks for the help.

ROM
    One XXX RLS 6.0.2

Default Re: what is the best/ newest way to root

Depends on software your phone is running now.

-For 2.3.4 there is no current method of rooting yet..

-For 2.3.3 here's a link to guide you: [how-to] root: Gingerbread 2.3.3 - Android Forums

-As for ROMs, it depends on what type of software you want. Are you wanting AOSP, Sense 3.0 or what did you have in mind?

Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djaquez21 View Post
    Depends on software your phone is running now.

-For 2.3.4 there is no current method of rooting yet..

-For 2.3.3 here's a link to guide you: [how-to] root: Gingerbread 2.3.3 - Android Forums

-As for ROMs, it depends on what type of software you want. Are you wanting AOSP, Sense 3.0 or what did you have in mind?
    You are wrong about 2.3.4. You simply follow attn1's guide to downgrade: [Tool] Downgrade VivoW with hboot 0.98 - xda-developers
    Thanked by:

ROM
    One XXX RLS 6.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by tack View Post
    You are wrong about 2.3.4. You simply follow attn1's guide to downgrade: [Tool] Downgrade VivoW with hboot 0.98 - xda-developers
    Well that's different. That would be downgrading software, not rooting. Then you root once that's all done. So no, not really. :P

ROM
    MIUI 1.11.4.1

Well, the downgrade is a way to get around .98 bootloader. I do believe ZergRush is a temproot in some form. Why you would want to root 2.3.4 by itself, i'm not sure. I would much rather have s-off and flash a custom rom for 2.3.4 or higher.
    Droid Incredible 2 (S-OFF)
    Android Version 4.2.2
    Evervolv-Conor-3.2.0-Nightly-2013.05.05
    Kernal 3.076-evervolv nightlies
    Oc 1.4mhz

Downgrade to 2.3.3 run Revolutionary on 2.3.3 to obtain S-Off and have fun!