htc unlock?

rhcreed

May 24, 2011
Visit site
What ever happened to HTC giving the option to unlock all of its phones?

When will we get unlocked?

"Tear down this wall!"

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I did it a couple days ago. Went just fine. Now I want to kill all the VZW apps but not quite sure how to do so.

chshrkt

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so can anyone tell me what data will be easily recoverable after performing this unlock process?

I have as many apps as possible moved to SD card, will need to re-download them from market, or can I do some kind of "Restore from SD" thing, I have RTFMd, but don't see anything specifically related to this.

All my music and stuff is on the SD card (I will pop the SD card out before I do the unlock process), and all my contacts/calendar and what-not are in Gmail, so I should not be worried about that info, right?

How much of a hassle is it to actually to recover from a Factory Reset on my DInc2?

Thank you.

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so can anyone tell me what data will be easily recoverable after performing this unlock process?

I have as many apps as possible moved to SD card, will need to re-download them from market, or can I do some kind of "Restore from SD" thing, I have RTFMd, but don't see anything specifically related to this.

All my music and stuff is on the SD card (I will pop the SD card out before I do the unlock process), and all my contacts/calendar and what-not are in Gmail, so I should not be worried about that info, right?

How much of a hassle is it to actually to recover from a Factory Reset on my DInc2?

Thank you.

Whenever I do a reset, I just backup my apps to my SD Card using ES File Explore, backup my contacts and that's it. The biggest hassle for me is just signing into my accounts all over again, like facebook, email, twitter and so on.. Anyways its not a big deal, just use ES File Explore to reinstall the apps. This usually takes no more than ten minutes for me.

You should be fine if your calender and contacts are synced with gmail. By the way what's RTFMd?? Just curious haha.

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I still don't understand why everyone is using HTC unlock when we already have our phone S-OFF. Which is so much better than bootloader unlock.

chshrkt

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I do a reset, I just backup my apps to my SD Card using ES File Explore, backup my contacts and that's it. The biggest hassle for me is just signing into my accounts all over again, like facebook, email, twitter and so on.. Anyways its not a big deal, just use ES File Explore to reinstall the apps. This usually takes no more than ten minutes for me.

You should be fine if your calender and contacts are synced with gmail. By the way what's RTFMd?? Just curious haha.
RTFM= Read The Freaking Manual! :)

chshrkt

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I still don't understand why everyone is using HTC unlock when we already have our phone S-OFF. Which is so much better than bootloader unlock.
Well, I have 1.3.4, so I have to downgrade to 97, then root, which I don't think I need at the moment. Gonna try this and see what I think of it first.

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have 1.3.4, so I have to downgrade to 97, then root, which I don't think I need at the moment. Gonna try this and see what I think of it first.

yes, but htcunluck is still going to wipe your phone. There are plenty of good Sense 3.5 roms to flash after s-off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74