1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Nearly-stock ROM for Inc 2?

I'm looking for a ROM similar to what Virtuous used to be on the original Incredible:

* based on OTA ROM (not required, but it's the simplest option)
    * strips out the bloatware/spyware (e.g. Carrier IQ, City ID, anything named VZ* or HTC*)
    * adds useful goodies instead (e.g. WiFi Hotspot, file manager, maybe an improved kernel)
    * doesn't require wiping for updates (i.e. "it just works")

Suggestions?
    Last edited by foobar1969; 12-08-2011 at 10:19 AM.

ROM
    One XXX RLS 6.0.2

Try this..
    Thanked by:

Have you tried CM7?
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?/topic/32457-CyanogenMod-7-for-the-HTC-Incredible-2-::-V7.1.0.1-(11-Oct-2011)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Nearly-stock ROM for Inc 2?

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, two problems:

1: I did indeed install VirtuousROM. And now I regret it. Virtuous Unity & Affinity are very different (in bad ways) from the old Virtuous for original Incredible. Also, the entire Virtuous forums site has been down for a month.

2: I'm looking for something very close to stock. At a minimum, that means Sense-based, so CM = thanks but no thanks.

I will probably switch to Jermaine's Stock Plus.

Try this one,

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've had good luck with TSM GingerBangSense. based on Sense 2.1. very stable
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram @EvanR32

ROM
    One XXX RLS 6.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by foobar1969 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, two problems:

1: I did indeed install VirtuousROM. And now I regret it. Virtuous Unity & Affinity are very different (in bad ways) from the old Virtuous for original Incredible. Also, the entire Virtuous forums site has been down for a month.

2: I'm looking for something very close to stock. At a minimum, that means Sense-based, so CM = thanks but no thanks.

I will probably switch to Jermaine's Stock Plus.
    I just noticed that that's the only part of the website that is down.. Weird?

But anyways this is about as close as you'll get to stock, rooted anyways..
    Thanked by:

ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

Go with andybones stock. It is the Inc 2 ota push from dec. Use titanium backup to remove what ever is there you don't want and if you search on Google for wifi tether you can use 3.1 beta 8. And you'll be good to go. If you want to try something more try RunnyMik it has sense 3.5 and 2.3.7 Android. It's extremely slick and clean.