accidentally formatted my system. please help

phillyundead

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I was in my clockworkmod recovery and i accidentally hit format system and now I'm stuck on HTC screen. How do return to original 2.3.4? :(

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I was in my clockworkmod recovery and i accidentally hit format system and now I'm stuck on HTC screen. How do return to original 2.3.4? :(

If you were stock and want to stay stock, you'll probably have to flash an RUU, but that'll overwrite your CWM recovery and you could loose your data. If you were running a ROM, just reflash it. You basically just formatted your OS partition, data and everything else is still there.

Or, if you have a Clockwork backup of your system before you formatted it, do an advanced restore and just select system. That'll just restore the system partition of your backup without overwriting anything else.

karl diestro

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
please help,i accidentally formatted all in clockwork recovery mode,the system,cache and boot,and now its bricked!i dont know what yto do,please help!what should i do?my android phone is cherry mobile nova,similar to z71 commtiva

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
If you have cwm recovery, either restore a backup if you have one or flash a new ROM.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

konaylin

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: accidentally formatted my system. please help me

Please , mention and link me to the site , where I can get orginal firware for htc incredible S.:'(

- - - Updated - - -

Please , mention and link me to the site , where I can get orginal firware for htc incredible S.:'(

Squall Leonhart

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
If you were running a ROM, just reflash it. You basically just formatted your OS partition, data and everything else is still there.

Or, if you have a Clockwork backup of your system before you formatted it, do an advanced restore and just select system. That'll just restore the system partition of your backup without overwriting anything else.

how to reflash?? still using phone or using PC?? i also have the same problem with this topic creator, hangs at the startup phone. so how can we access the ROM back? if possible, can u list the step by step how do this thing =D. we all here really appreciate that :)
my phone ALCATEL ONETOUCH GLORY 2S 4010X

@kamal

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
If u want to refresh your phone then just download:--
1.odin
2.firmware for ur phone .

First of all u have to go downloading mod after pressing volume down button +home button+switch simelteneous

Then connect ur phone to pc .
Open odin.exe
Be sure that ur phone is connected and choose PDA

For more info u can search on net..

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

nadia 11

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Talking Accidently formatted system in CWM recovery, help!

I was trying to flash a 4.0.4 system update in CWM. After receiving installation abort several times. I decided to erase all of the data not realizing that format/system erases the operating system. I also did not make a backup. Now I'm stuck on the LG I am also able to access the Clockwork Recovery menu And also I've the latest version CM9 FOR LG E400 IN MY SD card But CWM Doesn't read the zip file :-X . and I'm scared I will never be able to access my phone again. Please help! :-X:-X

bpsingh2003

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
i have htc droid dna verizon. cwm. same thing happened with me accidentally formatted system. bootloader locked, S-off, was rooted. here are no backups, When i do advance restore it says cant' find file. Please help anyone !!!! I also tried RUU . it does not work, shows error 155.!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance