Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pritesh Bihola
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jellybean

Default accidentally formatted my system. please help

I was in my clockworkmod recovery and i accidentally hit format system and now I'm stuck on HTC screen. How do return to original 2.3.4?

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

Default Re: accidentally formatted my system. please help

Quote Originally Posted by phillyundead View Post
    I was in my clockworkmod recovery and i accidentally hit format system and now I'm stuck on HTC screen. How do return to original 2.3.4?
    If you were stock and want to stay stock, you'll probably have to flash an RUU, but that'll overwrite your CWM recovery and you could loose your data. If you were running a ROM, just reflash it. You basically just formatted your OS partition, data and everything else is still there.

Or, if you have a Clockwork backup of your system before you formatted it, do an advanced restore and just select system. That'll just restore the system partition of your backup without overwriting anything else.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jellybean

I got a ROM kind of working. It doesn't ring when someone calls me though. It doesn't even tell me. I'm gonna find another rom.

I also formatted the system (of my HTC EVO 3d) accidently. and now Im also getting the HTC white screen! Please let me know what I can do to fix it. not2be4got@gmail.com

I also formatted the system (of my HTC EVO 3d) accidently. and now Im also getting the HTC white screen! Please let me know what I can do to fix it.I didn't back it up even. bolodemel2011@gmail.com

what to do if i accdntly format my x8 system? ,if i on it, it only show sony ericsson only, please help me

please help,i accidentally formatted all in clockwork recovery mode,the system,cache and boot,and now its bricked!i dont know what yto do,please help!what should i do?my android phone is cherry mobile nova,similar to z71 commtiva

If you have cwm recovery, either restore a backup if you have one or flash a new ROM.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Phone: HTC One
    ROM: B.S.C. Tranquil One RLS 3
    Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0

Tablet: Transformer Prime
    ROM: Hairy Bean 2.1.1
    Recovery: TWRP

i formatted my my touch 3g now all i am seeing is the start up screen how do i fix this?:'

how do i flash my my touch 3g because i rellly dont know how to?

Default Re: accidentally formatted my system. please help me

Please , mention and link me to the site , where I can get orginal firware for htc incredible S.

- - - Updated - - -

Please , mention and link me to the site , where I can get orginal firware for htc incredible S.

my android phone samsung galaxy young GT S-5360 is formatted operating system now what can i do my phone restart...please tell me ??????????????
    Thanked by:
    @kamal 
    @kamal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris3D View Post
    If you were running a ROM, just reflash it. You basically just formatted your OS partition, data and everything else is still there.

Or, if you have a Clockwork backup of your system before you formatted it, do an advanced restore and just select system. That'll just restore the system partition of your backup without overwriting anything else.
    how to reflash?? still using phone or using PC?? i also have the same problem with this topic creator, hangs at the startup phone. so how can we access the ROM back? if possible, can u list the step by step how do this thing =D. we all here really appreciate that
    my phone ALCATEL ONETOUCH GLORY 2S 4010X

If u want to refresh your phone then just download:--
    1.odin
    2.firmware for ur phone .

First of all u have to go downloading mod after pressing volume down button +home button+switch simelteneous

Then connect ur phone to pc .
    Open odin.exe
    Be sure that ur phone is connected and choose PDA

For more info u can search on net..

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Talking Accidently formatted system in CWM recovery, help!

I was trying to flash a 4.0.4 system update in CWM. After receiving installation abort several times. I decided to erase all of the data not realizing that format/system erases the operating system. I also did not make a backup. Now I'm stuck on the LG I am also able to access the Clockwork Recovery menu And also I've the latest version CM9 FOR LG E400 IN MY SD card But CWM Doesn't read the zip file . and I'm scared I will never be able to access my phone again. Please help!