Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bricked my Incredible 2...help PLEASE!

I am fairly new to Android so I have been doing as much background research for the past 48 hrs with no success in fixing my phone. So i'm doing this as a last resort.

I was using my phone the other day and it just froze out of the blue. Wasn't deleting any apps or installing anything new, I was just web surfing when my phone froze. Decided to take the battery off and reboot. The phone just stayed stuck on the HTC white screen. Bought the phone online 4 months ago and have it flashed to Cricket.

I am able to get to the HBOOT screen but have been unsuccessful with any of the methods on trying to fix my phn.

When I try "Recovery" the screen turns black and says it is trying to update from Verizon and then simply shuts down the phone. I start up the phone and again it just stays stuck on the white HTC screen.

I have tried installing the "PG32IMG.zip" file from this website Vivow RUUs - Minus but the phone goes on to freeze while updating.

I honestly have no idea if im headed in the right direction at all but any help at this point would be GREATLY appreciated thank you!

I have attached pictures of my phone if that is of any help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bricked my Incredible 2...help PLEASE!-hboot-screen.jpg   Bricked my Incredible 2...help PLEASE!-sd-checking.jpg   Bricked my Incredible 2...help PLEASE!-freeze.jpg  
    Superstar Status

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Default Re: Bricked my Incredible 2...help PLEASE!

Sounds to me like you might have to push ClockworkMod recovery to your phone via ADB. Have you tried that? If not there are tips on how to do that here and on XDA.
    Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting useful replies it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post. Im on a computer.

Default Re: Bricked my Incredible 2...help PLEASE!

has anyone figured this out? I am having the same problem to the T as this... and ive tried factory reset and it just freezes up when i click it.. My phone is a all stock phone too if that is any help, tried to unlock it but when i get to the last step where i choose yes to unlock by hitting the power button it does nothing.. it dont freeze just dont recognize it, but if i choose no it does? any ideas, can anyone help and if this was figured out already can i be filled in on what to do? please and thanks