1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking for a stable ROM

I've been out of the loop for awhile and am getting tired of my MIUI ROM so I was looking for another stable rom. It's sounding like the Runny from the mikmik site is the one I want not the PVTeam that I had found on XDA, right? Or does it matter?

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.0.4

Default Re: Looking for a stable ROM

I'm running Liquid Smooth like a champ. There is a thread for it below this one. I think it is a version of runny.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I was eyeballing that one up too. Perhaps I'll give that a run tonight.

ROM
    One XXX RLS 6.0.2

There's lots of stable ROMs out there. Just depends on the features you're looking for, such as Sense 2.1, 3, 3.5, 3.6, 4 or AOSP.

Quote Originally Posted by ba_hamilton View Post
    I'm running Liquid Smooth like a champ. There is a thread for it below this one. I think it is a version of runny.
    And no.. Liquid Smooth is AOSP, while MikRunny is Sense 3.5; total difference..
    Last edited by djaquez21; 07-10-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Hey can anyone help me gain s off on my dinc2, I've heard that alpharevx will work but can't find a good link I'm on 2.3.4 hboot .98 6.01.605.05 any real help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    MIUI 1.11.4.1

Quote Originally Posted by Hackerboy89 View Post
    Hey can anyone help me gain s off on my dinc2, I've heard that alpharevx will work but can't find a good link I'm on 2.3.4 hboot .98 6.01.605.05 any real help would be much appreciated.

its pretty easy. You just need to downgrade
    Droid Incredible 2 (S-OFF)
    Android Version 4.2.2
    Evervolv-Conor-3.2.0-Nightly-2013.05.05
    Kernal 3.076-evervolv nightlies
    Oc 1.4mhz
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Wish I knew, but from experience I've also learned that what you think you don't want maybe just the ticket. LOL! I mean I was a ROM switching addict until I finally caved and tried the MIUI. I tried CM7 this weekend but I couldn't get Titanium Backup to work with it so that was a no go. Which is too bad since I really liked that. I just ran the Liquid Smooth I'll see how that works for me.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I confess I just run straight to Unrevoked. I s-off'd as soon as it was doable. Now I do believe Unrevoked and AlphaRev have a tool for that making it much easier and faster than when I did it. Yep found it. Read up before use.

But my hboot is .98

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

But my hboot is .98

I think I understand you want it to be .97 correct? Back when I had my first Incredible there was a discussion about that. Turned out the only way to go backwards was if you had backed up your rom before upgrading so that way you could restore the old rom and the radio would go backwards. Other than that no way was found back then anyways. (about 2-3 years ago)

ROM
    One XXX RLS 6.0.2

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

You can also try this one. It's very similar to the one on XDA...

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

[ROM] IC Tazz Sense 3.6 ICS UPDATE 9-17-12

> Added De-Sensing Script to "Strip" HTC Sense Widgets and non-essential components out of the Rom
    Phone is so fast without Sense and Battery lasting longer..
    Very Nice ROM.

ROM
    MIUI 1.11.4.1

Quote Originally Posted by cooksalot View Post
    I confess I just run straight to Unrevoked. I s-off'd as soon as it was doable. Now I do believe Unrevoked and AlphaRev have a tool for that making it much easier and faster than when I did it. Yep found it. Read up before use.
    Sorry, I think most people don't unlock there phones. Its a little difficult for a reason, I think everyone needs to realize that it takes a little technical knowledge to unlock your device. I'm not a fan of 1-click options because things can go wrong. If you can't navigate the command prompt and notice issues than unlocking is not something you should try.
    Droid Incredible 2 (S-OFF)
    Android Version 4.2.2
    Evervolv-Conor-3.2.0-Nightly-2013.05.05
    Kernal 3.076-evervolv nightlies
    Oc 1.4mhz