1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cant get S-off, Need someone to double check me PLZ!

Hey all, having a hell of a time trying to unlock my dinc2. I have installed android on my touchpad, and found it to be more simple than this. I tried doing the XDA kit(very nice guys), but I would still have 2.3.4, and s-on even though through the command promp, hack vivow would run the script. Realized with my hboot98 and my software revision(6.01.605.05), that this stuff isnt working for everybody. At least that I can see. Soooo, I went to HTC and used the dev bootloader unlock tool, thinking that I could get the XDA kit to run again. This is what I get:

c:\adb>echo Sleeping 10 secs while adb restarts on the device....
    Sleeping 10 secs while adb restarts on the device....

c:\adb>sleep 10

c:\adb>adb shell /data/local/tmp/sh -c '/data/local/tmp/misc_version -s 2.18.605
    .3'
    /data/local/tmp/sh: permission denied

c:\adb>adb reboot bootloader

c:\adb>fastboot oem rebootRUU
    < waiting for device >
    ... OKAY [ 0.147s]
    finished. total time: 0.149s

c:\adb>fastboot erase cache
    erasing 'cache'... FAILED (command write failed (No such file or
    directory))
    finished. total time: 0.002s

c:\adb>fastboot flash zip RUU_Vivo_W_Gingerbread_S_VERIZON_WWE_2.18.605.3_Radio_
    1.09.01.0622_NV_VZW1.92_release_199487_signed.zip
    sending 'zip' (292817 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (No such file or
    directory))
    finished. total time: 0.002s

c:\adb>fastboot reboot
    rebooting...
    finished. total time: 0.001s
    c:\adb>

Can anybody see what is going on with this? Im not a developer, but I like to tweak and have fun with this, and hopefully learn from you guys who are totally down with this stuff. I would greatly appreciate any help, and yes I have read all the other threads pertaining to this, albeit, maybe not the right one! Now phone is stuck on the black HTC screen for about 15 minutes, not sure what I should do.......Thanks

Default Re: Cant get S-off, Need someone to double check me PLZ!

Just root it they said. It's easy they said.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by kirkiscool View Post
    Just root it they said. It's easy they said.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Lol, exactly!!! I did watch the YouTube video though, managed to get cwm, make a back up(good thing I did) and tried to flash a rom with s on still. Just won't boot, stays on the white htc screen. I guess that is "boot loop"?
    I like the phone, have to wait till April for upgrade, and for work i get to use a cough, cough, iPhone 4s while I forward my number and texts to it and have fun trying to tweak my I wish crapple had those SMS forwarding apps.....I would park it in favor of the dinc2!

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2
    Phone: HTC One
    ROM: B.S.C. Tranquil One RLS 3
    Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0

Tablet: Transformer Prime
    ROM: Hairy Bean 2.1.1
    Recovery: TWRP
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Wow, thanks It thistle! That looks like the missing link for me. Cant wait to give it a go, Ill let you know how I make out.

Happy to help, Hope it works out for you.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Well, I gave it the Sunday morning over coffee try.....no luck. The best I got out of it was a cool touch recovery. Which replaced cwm. Right from the get go, my md5 sum wasn't matching, so I went through it anyway, and still no luck. Half way through when it goes back to the white screen, that was it. It just rebooted. I think I'm done. Without knowing more about what I'm doing, instead of following a recipe, I'm giving up, which stinks. I have to get some other things done in life! Lol I think htc devunlocker might have been the wrong idea, but a good one at the time. Maybe try again, but I need some time away for now, thanks for the help!

UPDATED: I tried again, got it all the way through, as in, 2.3.3, and the radio ruu was giving me trouble. ran revolutionary, beta code accepted, and it was waiting for fastboot, forever.....I unplugged and now all hell is upon the phone. I have no recovery anymore.... therefore no back up......and it is stuck in bootloop, so fast that i get into the apps in settings to turn debugging back on, and it resets and boots again. I tried running recovery again, but its just waiting for device. I cant even get my serial number ot come up in the prompt anymore. Anyone????????? It seems that I actually bricked it in bootloop.......damn
    Last edited by jackwagon06; 09-16-2012 at 08:58 PM. Reason: updated

Quote Originally Posted by jackwagon06 View Post
    Well, I gave it the Sunday morning over coffee try.....no luck. The best I got out of it was a cool touch recovery. Which replaced cwm. Right from the get go, my md5 sum wasn't matching, so I went through it anyway, and still no luck. Half way through when it goes back to the white screen, that was it. It just rebooted. I think I'm done. Without knowing more about what I'm doing, instead of following a recipe, I'm giving up, which stinks. I have to get some other things done in life! Lol I think htc devunlocker might have been the wrong idea, but a good one at the time. Maybe try again, but I need some time away for now, thanks for the help!

UPDATED: I tried again, got it all the way through, as in, 2.3.3, and the radio ruu was giving me trouble. ran revolutionary, beta code accepted, and it was waiting for fastboot, forever.....I unplugged and now all hell is upon the phone. I have no recovery anymore.... therefore no back up......and it is stuck in bootloop, so fast that i get into the apps in settings to turn debugging back on, and it resets and boots again. I tried running recovery again, but its just waiting for device. I cant even get my serial number ot come up in the prompt anymore. Anyone????????? It seems that I actually bricked it in bootloop.......damn
    Can you get into the boot loader? Your phone is still turning on so you still have hope. Did you get s-off?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Yes I can get to the hboot/bootloader/fastboot screen. No recovery though, it just goes to the red exclamation point. I meant I tried to run revolutionary, not recovery, when it says waiting for device. When it does boot up, I try and run through to get debugging back on, but it reboots as Im on the apps list in settings. S is ON! I do have 2.3.3(saw that before I ran revo), and hboot 97. Also above where it used to say "unlocked" from when I did the unlocker form htc, is now gone. Doesn't say locked or unlocked. I read in that link that you have to flash the radio to the current one to get rid of bootloop? I tried doing that, maybe not in the right sequence, as I was a bit vague as to when to do it.
    Thanks for helping out It Thistle!

Your not going to be able to flash a new radio until you get s-off. Next step will be to get your recovery back. I would suggest , you will need to fastboot flash the recovery. Than once you get your recovery back you can flash a new ROM and then hopefully it will be stable enough to use and be able to get into settings and turn on debugging.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

After doing a factory reset, then turning on debugging with out activating the phone(so it wouldnt reboot into bootloop), and re downloading revolutionary, I have achieved s-off!!!! and CWm is at least my recovery, not the 4ext, which I could not flash in fastboot, which leads me to this......2.3.3, s-off, revolutionary at the top of the bootloader 6.13.1002 hboot and my radio is 1.09.01.0622.....I am still in boot loop. I try and flash to the newer radio, because in the xda comprehensive, it says that you need to flash this radio zip to eliminate bootloop. It fails when I try to do this:

c:\Android>fastboot flash zip 1.09.01.0312_vivow_Radio_PG32IMG.zip
    < waiting for device >
    sending 'zip' (13225 KB)... OKAY [ 3.311s]
    writing 'zip'... FAILED (remote: not allowed)
    finished. total time: 3.313s

I am sooooo close to getting my phone back, and free! It thistle, care to way in on this? Anybody else know what I can do? thanks

At present, tried cm7 rom, bootloop, and then I restored a back up , and now just the white htc screen. I still can get the bootloader though. Can the radio really be causing this?

Factory reset, roms, nothing is getting it past the white htc screen. Is it done?
    Last edited by jackwagon06; 09-18-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: updated

Sorry I have had family I'm town for the past week. It looks like you didn't rename the radio file. It must be only "PG32IMG.ZIP" and make sure you check the md5 as a bad flash can result in a new paperweight.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

No worries! I know how it is. You are right, I found that I needed to rename it on a different thread in xda, where it talks about roms, radios....etc. even though I renamed it with the .zip, I dropped it on my sd card to let hboot put it on. It didn't. I looked in recovery, it was listed .zip.zip. So I just named it PG32IMG and that did it. I already did my gf's dinc2 yesterday in an hour no issues. Thanks for checking up on me.....forums at their best! And I appreciate the help!

Glad you got it figured out