Going back to stock

ljredeye

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
So. I found the ICS leak that was posted in August, the latest on the XDA forums, and went through the process of using the HTC bootloader unlock, flash the ROM, but couldn't update the radio. I do like how ICS looks on the DINC2 (hopefully HTC and Verizon will get along and release it) but I want to go back to stock.

I've gone though like three separate threads on XDA on how to revert back to original stock or the latest Gingerbread version. What I tried was lock the bootloader because I was somewhat close for progress, change the file to PG32IMG.zip and place it on the root of the sd card, load up the bootloader, let it identify, but couldn't continue because it says "Main Version is older! Update Fail!"

I did not use any of the rooting software except ClockworkMod. If anybody has a good plan to revert back to stock that would be awesome.

Or...

If there is no hope, I'll just go back to my Droid X I keep as a backup.

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Did you make a backup with cwm before you flashed a new rom? I know Im stuck not getting rooms to flash(boot loop), so I pulled the battery, hboot, recovery, then restored to stock from my back up file. I was able to get phone back to stock at least. When I was reading up on doing this, not matter where I read, everyone suggested making a back up......hope that helps

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Well for one you couldn't update the radio because you're not S-OFF. And two, by the PG32IMG.zip do you mean an RUU? That's a way to go back to stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz