- 45 Posts
Going back to stock
So. I found the ICS leak that was posted in August, the latest on the XDA forums, and went through the process of using the HTC bootloader unlock, flash the ROM, but couldn't update the radio. I do like how ICS looks on the DINC2 (hopefully HTC and Verizon will get along and release it) but I want to go back to stock.
I've gone though like three separate threads on XDA on how to revert back to original stock or the latest Gingerbread version. What I tried was lock the bootloader because I was somewhat close for progress, change the file to PG32IMG.zip and place it on the root of the sd card, load up the bootloader, let it identify, but couldn't continue because it says "Main Version is older! Update Fail!"
I did not use any of the rooting software except ClockworkMod. If anybody has a good plan to revert back to stock that would be awesome.
If there is no hope, I'll just go back to my Droid X I keep as a backup.
- 09-12-2012, 05:28 AM #2
- 170 Posts
Re: Going back to stock
Did you make a backup with cwm before you flashed a new rom? I know Im stuck not getting rooms to flash(boot loop), so I pulled the battery, hboot, recovery, then restored to stock from my back up file. I was able to get phone back to stock at least. When I was reading up on doing this, not matter where I read, everyone suggested making a back up......hope that helps
- 09-13-2012, 01:26 PM #3
- 09-20-2012, 02:48 AM #4
- By mscalero in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 07-22-2010, 01:15 PM
- By scottfromga in forum HTC Droid Eris Rooting, ROMs, and HackingReplies: 6Last Post: 07-13-2010, 04:20 PM
- By thataznguy#AC in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 07-07-2010, 01:35 AM
- By dr_gibberish in forum Samsung Moment Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 03-25-2010, 03:29 AM
- By sharra1#IM in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 46Last Post: 02-11-2010, 12:24 AM