HTC Incredible 2 Root(ing) Trying to load Cyanomod 7

Mike Prettyman

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello to all and thanks for the opportunity to be here.

I own an Incredible 2. It WAS running Android 2.3.4. I had heard so much about rooting and running custom roms that well, I had to try it out for myself, and I did. Thing is, now it goes to the white hTC screen and there it sits.

I went to the HTC site and did what I had to do to unlock the boot. Now when I hit the volume down and power buttons, it boots to the start screen. At the very top it says UNLOCKED. It still says S-ON, and below that it says HBOOT-0.98.0000.

I installed ClockworkMod and SuperUser 3.1.3.

I select wipe data/factory reset, then wipe cache partition, then wipe dalvik cache. Then I go back and try to install cm-7.2.0-vivow.zip. ClockworkMod shows the progress bar, it fills up and then says that it is done. From there I reboot and voila! I'm right back to watching the white hTC screen for another hour.

So, can anyone out there help me? I really like this phone and I even have and extended use battery for it. It figures, I wanted to do my first experimenting on some other, preferably cheap android - you know, to get the feel for it - but of course I got carried away and here I am.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for any help you might be able to give me.

Mike P.

Mike Prettyman

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
okay, form what I've dug up in the interum, I'm guessing that I need to go back to 2.3.4 and then downgrade to 2.3.3 and go from there? Okay, I can live with that. I still have the email fro htc with my bootloader unlock info, so that should be easy enough. I have been looking all over for a 2.3.4 rom, but every time I think that i've found one, the link is either bogus or just expired.

can anyone help me find - or at least point me in the right direction to a stock 2.3.4 rom? I wouldn't think it would be so hard to find, but then again im new at this so maybe i'm grasping at straws...

thanks for any help at all folks.

mike p.

czroy69

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
this worked for me when I thought i had bricked my phone. the links do work on this site, and your phone will do OTA updates to latest version without any problems.

Unroot Droid Incredible 2 — DroidFiles.us is the link that i am talking about... takes you back to Froyo, but does the OTA up to 2.3.4

UPDATED 7/8/13 10:19

FYI... I was rooted with S-off, and now back to standard rom via OTA. I will be rooting my DInc2 to S-off later on this week. use the Revolutionary method for S-off and root.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC