Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post
    Anyone get the root done and successfully using wifi tether? I know the root worked because I can freeze apps using titanium but when I start wifi tether it says I don have root permissions

BIK, I have yet to try since I have no use for it yet....once my Flyer gets here though I will want it, and I will do what I can to get it working and will write up how to if I am successful

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

cool. thanks for the help lowfire

thanks!

I can verify that some bluetooth doesn't work with root, my car recognized there was something on but didn't know it was my phone. This is with pioneer stereo

Stickied, and added to index here: http://www.androidcentral.com/root

Thanks Lowfire
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by:

I also rebooted my phone and bloat freezer didn't stick, all my Verizon apps are back
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

ROM
    Stock

In the Bloat Freeze options, did you make sure to select the Titanium Backup method?

ROM
    Stock,Stock,Stock

Do you know if SetCPU will work with this?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

ROM
    Stock

Yes, SetCPU does work with the temp root
    Thanked by:
    kdt

adb reports no device connected....
    I did all the required parts (I think??)

I was just going to freeze bloat, but it would have been nice to at least
    temp rooted it.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

ROM
    Stock

Go into the Device Manager of your computer and see if your phone is being recognized. If there is an icon with a little yellow exclamation mark, the drivers aren't installed for it and it isn't recognized. If it is like that, right click on it and try updating drivers and see if that works

ROM
    Stock,Stock,Stock

Ok so I know I got root access because bloat freeze ran and let me freeze apps.

I restarted and learned that I have to access it again every time I do that.(I know, you stated that already). So gained access again, and froze the apps again. Haven't turned the phone off and it seems to be doing it's job. I ran systemapp and can see that the apps I froze that always run(peep, mobileIM) are not there.

Am I to assume that as long as I don't turn the phone off or restart it I'll be "tempRooted" and bloat freeze can do it's job and any other "app" that works with root access(setCPU, Ti backup, bloat freeze) will work just fine?

Thanks again man for the write up.

I'm going to run a battery drain test to see how much better it is with the apps frozen. I'm keeping an eye on the memory usage now since I have a little more to give to the OS.

ROM
    Stock,Stock,Stock

Learning as I go.

If you freeze the "peep" app, the Twitter by HTC Sense widget will not work. Now of course if you use the twitter app or any other twitter app and widget, this doesn't apply to you.

Just thought I'd let people know out there if they froze "peep" and couldn't understand why their sense widget won't work and FC...like I did.

Who has had success un-installing the blockbuster, NFL Mobile, NFS game, and Let's Golf from the Dinc2? I know they are just shortcuts to the market to get the actually game so it would seem that it's safe to un-install them. I almost did using Ti Backup but didn't and tried each "shortcut" out to make sure they were in fact just shortcuts.

I'll wait to see if any of you guys have had success.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

ROM
    Stock

Spike, in the Bloat Freeze options, make sure the "Titanium Backup Method" is selected for freezing, this will prevent the VZW apps from coming back on a reboot. As for the other apps you named off, freeze them too, because you can not uninstall them yet either.

And yes, when you power off or reboot, you lose the temp root on the device and must do steps 7, 8, and 9 again

Glad you got it working for you, told ya it was easy

Trying this out now for my new device. Eagerly awaiting a permanent root. I'm new to the rooting side of things.

ROM
    Stock,Stock,Stock

Quote Originally Posted by LowFire View Post
    Spike, in the Bloat Freeze options, make sure the "Titanium Backup Method" is selected for freezing, this will prevent the VZW apps from coming back on a reboot. As for the other apps you named off, freeze them too, because you can not uninstall them yet either.

And yes, when you power off or reboot, you lose the temp root on the device and must do steps 7, 8, and 9 again

Glad you got it working for you, told ya it was easy
    Yeah man. I had a small problem with it coming with "$" instead of the "#" but got that solved and was good to go.

I have the "titanium backup method" checked off and turned off my phone and turned it on and what I froze came back. That was one of the first things I did seeing as you all said to do it.

So how does that keep things "frozen" when you reboot the phone if rebooting cause you to lose the root access?

I must be missing something here.

So I shouldn't even try to un-install the "shortcut" apps with Titanium back up then? It won't work?

*edit*

It seemed to have worked. I had to restart the phone because Tune In Radio started to ping my CPU to 99% to 100% for no reason. I exited the app but still pulled power. Once it booted up, all the VZW apps I froze were gone in my app drawer. That didn't do it the first time I tried it.
    Last edited by spikbeatz; 06-03-2011 at 01:35 AM. Reason: it seemed to have worked.

So, this will work with HTC Incredible 2?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

ROM
    Stock

Haha, yes sir, that would be the forum you are in

ROM
    Stock,Stock,Stock

hey Lowfire, you think there is a custom ROM out there that would work on our phone? Like, one that gives us the treatment of a FULL root instead of just a temp root? Was looking to really clean this bad boy out if there was one.

I'm starting to get that 'android itch' to want to really dig into this phone. Just curious.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

ROM
    Stock

No, there isn't, unfortunately

Does anyone else have a problem with the clock widget about a day or so after temp rooting? My clock just randomly went ten minutes ahead and nothing I did could bring it back. It's not a huge deal because I don't need it rooted all the time, just an interesting thing I noticed

ROM
    Stock,Stock,Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 98koukile View Post
    Does anyone else have a problem with the clock widget about a day or so after temp rooting? My clock just randomly went ten minutes ahead and nothing I did could bring it back. It's not a huge deal because I don't need it rooted all the time, just an interesting thing I noticed
    I don't really use any clock widget anymore. It didn't do it on mine that I noticed. I also had it set up to show time here in Iraq and D.C. time and it never seemed to get out of wack. Always stayed in time with the system time at the top.

I don't know what to tell ya bud. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Reboot fixed it, every clock was just off exactly 10 mins, I thought maybe it stopped talking to Verizon but it's gone now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast