Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree3Likes

Carrier
    Stock,Stock,Stock

Default Re: HOW TO: Temp Root for DInc2

Quote Originally Posted by LowFire View Post
    There are no exploits yet available for the new GB update, that is why it is not recommended to update if you ever want root
    No wonder it wouldn't just now. Well, most of the bloatware is still frozen from when I temp rooted it last. Peep was the only one that for some reason, appeared again. I unfroze the mobile IM because I saw the GB update improved some aspects of that so I thought if the OTA "couldn't" see "mobile IM" since it was frozen, it may not update properly. Now I'm stuck with it until I decide to full root it or a temproot is found.

Thanks for all the previous help Lowfire.

Any recs on best resource to learn about rooting to start out?

Will this work for Dinc 2 running on 2.3.4?

So I have 2.3.4 on my Droid Incredible 2. The touchscreen is starting to go wacky so a replacement DINC2 phone is on the way. I would like to 1) Be able to backup my current phone. 2) Restore to the new phone, but not a deal breaker if I can't.

Is there anyway to do that? Reading the down grade to 2.3.3 thread made me fear it would wipe my phone, which sort of defeats my purpose.

Thanks!

In response to happycanp

Here ya go. Saves everything to your sd card

Step #9 keeps saying denied?

Quote Originally Posted by lt thistle View Post
    In response to happycanp

Here ya go. Saves everything to your sd card
    Thanks but I don't believe that helps me. I already know about Titanium backup. But I need to get root first in order to backup. I'm probably missing something though.

Sorry for not replying earlier as I didn't realize a reply had been made. I didn't get a notification until the latest reply

I'm having a hard time getting past step 7. I get there and it says not appropriate action.

Quote Originally Posted by Unleashed2012 View Post
    I'm having a hard time getting past step 7. I get there and it says not appropriate action.
    When I get to step 9 it has the $ symbol instead of the # symbol any ideas greatly appreciated.

When I do step 7 it says "failed to set prot mask (inappropriate ioctl for device)"
    How do I get passed this part? I've tried over and over from start till I get stuck here am I missing an app or is my phone just ramedial?

No response in 6 days wow thanks for the helping hand.

im having trouble trying to install and root my phone can some one help me out

Carrier
    RunnyMik/stock

Quote Originally Posted by jennyr356 View Post
    im having trouble trying to install and root my phone can some one help me out
    What are you having trouble with? Going to need a little more information to help out.

Does this method to temp root work with 2.3.4? I'm trying to backup my apps and data to move to another phone with titanium bu. Or would I need to downgrade to 2.3.3? And does downgrading wipe the phone?

can i get some help here? i keep getting this response

mount: operation not permitted
    cp: can't stat '/sbin/su': permission denied
    cp: can't stat '/sbin/busybox': permission denied
    unable to chmod /sbin: read only file system
    mount: operation not permitted

getting this error after step 9

mine's saying the same thing, how'd you fix it?

Carrier
    Stock,Stock,Stock

For all of you trying to temp root your phone on 2.3.4, it's clearly stated in this thread that it will not work. Go through and read it in its entirety and you'll see it.

You can check the full root process in the thread on the main hacking page of this phone.

How do you do this with a Mac?

Thanks
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345