Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Default [ROM][6-23-11] Incredibly Debloated v1.0 - Rooted w/Stock or OC Kernels

Presenting the Incredible 2's first ROM:

Incredibly (de)Bloated v1.0

Features:

• Removed all Verizon bloatware
    • Deodexed
    • Zip-Aligned
    • Busybox
    • Root w/superuser
    • Task Killer Tweak
    • Includes your choice of jcase's stock, or overclocked (1.65ghz) rooted kernels

For S-Off users only!

Download

***Links dead due to megaupload shut down***

Incredibly Debloated v1.0 w/Stock Kernel:

Incredibly Debloated v1.0 w/OC Kernel:

To install:

1. Download one of the attached .zip files, your choice between stock and overclocked kernels, and place on your sdcard.
    2. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery if you haven't already done so.
    3. It is recommended that you backup whichever settings, data, and apps that you would like to keep with My BackupPro or similar program.
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery
    or turn off the device, and power-on+volume down to enter bootloader, select recovery.
    5. Once you are in recovery, it is highly recommended that you execute a nandroid back-up.
    6. It is also highly recommended that you wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition.
    7. Choose "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" -> locate and select the .zip that you placed on your sdcard earlier, and confirm.
    8. It will take a minute or so to install, after it has installed, return to the main menu, and select "reboot system now"
    9. Once booted, it is important to go to menu -> Settings -> Applications -> and uncheck "Fast Boot"
    10. Reboot

That's it, you're done! Enjoy your first Inc2 ROM!

Note: As usual, use at your own risk, I am not responsible for any bricked devices.

Special thanks to jcase for his work on the kernels!
    Last edited by tntdroid; 03-15-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Alex Gunther
    Don't thank me; thank my meter!
    Droid Incredible 2 & Samsung Fascinate
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Reserved for future use.
    Alex Gunther

ROM
    Stock,Stock,Stock

in step 4: is that what you type in MS command prompt?

Also, why is it "important" to uncheck "fast boot"?

This is ROM won't work, yet, until we get the instructions on how to do the "S-off" correct?

Thanks again.

OK, so who's tried this? What do you think of it? With all the posts I've read about people upset there was not root I though there would have been posts by now.

We're still waiting on instructions on how to achieve S-Off. Until then we can only drool at this rooted ROM
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spikbeatz View Post

This is ROM won't work, yet, until we get the instructions on how to do the "S-off" correct?

Thanks again.
    Fast boot -> reboot gives you access to some root-required apps.
    Alex Gunther

Default Re: [ROM][6-23-11] Incredibly Debloated v1.0 - Rooted w/Stock or

Would love a link to the file so I can root. Is it available yet?

Awesome! Does this have a fix for the compass glitch that's a known problem in Inc 2? Compass apps work fine, but map apps get north and south reversed. You can see it by playing with Google Sky Map, or fire up Google Maps and watch the little blue arrow while you turn in a circle.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sashazur View Post
    Awesome! Does this have a fix for the compass glitch that's a known problem in Inc 2? Compass apps work fine, but map apps get north and south reversed. You can see it by playing with Google Sky Map, or fire up Google Maps and watch the little blue arrow while you turn in a circle.
    No. This bug, among others, will be fixed in the Gingerbread update.

Posted from my unrootable HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Alex Gunther

Quote Originally Posted by xgunther View Post
    No. This bug, among others, will be fixed in the Gingerbread update.

Posted from my unrootable HTC Droid Incredible 2

I thought the compas fix was suppose to come out before GB.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Gunther, how close would u say everything is with root? I've never rooted. My bro has the original dinc and is rooted. He said to wait and what happens is I just get a file. I then unzip it and it roots for me? I think he said there's a website that has root stuff for HTC phones. I don't remember what it is tho. But does that sound right? So I would just then install ur Rom after rooting it like that? Newbie here obviously. Just wondering how far off this root is for the dinc2.

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    ROM

Is anyone else having trouble getting the file to download? I haven't been able to actually download the file yet. I'm just getting prepared. I already have ClockWorkMod.

Quote Originally Posted by spikbeatz View Post

Thanks again.
    there is an s-off made by alpharevX and it works great, and yes you must root first, and it is important to take off fast boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Ride View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble getting the file to download? I haven't been able to actually download the file yet. I'm just getting prepared. I already have ClockWorkMod.
    Try to download with Fileserve download manager and download one at a time and should work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MSOlaw View Post
    Gunther, how close would u say everything is with root? I've never rooted. My bro has the original dinc and is rooted. He said to wait and what happens is I just get a file. I then unzip it and it roots for me? I think he said there's a website that has root stuff for HTC phones. I don't remember what it is tho. But does that sound right? So I would just then install ur Rom after rooting it like that? Newbie here obviously. Just wondering how far off this root is for the dinc2.
    Root and S-off is already out, made by AlphaRevX for HTC Droid Incredible 2. I suggest following the Directions on this link HTC Incredible 2: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

Does this ROM still have Sense? What are the differences? OC Kernals and no bloatware?

Thanks
    Brad

Just fyi installing this made my phone freeze at white htc screen, luckily I was able to fix it.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

I installed the overclocked ROM, but I still have all the default Verizon bloat.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Htimez2 View Post
    Just fyi installing this made my phone freeze at white htc screen, luckily I was able to fix it.

How did you fix it? Some users have reported the same issue.
    Alex Gunther

Quote Originally Posted by Htimez2 View Post

I had the exact same problem, and I was luckily able to fix it, and it happened twice and only on this ROM, every other rom I have tried worked fine, but this one will make your phone freeze at the white HTC screen.

Quote Originally Posted by xgunther View Post
    How did you fix it? Some users have reported the same issue.
    You have to load a different rom and hopefully you can restore one and if not you have to reinstall a different rom and start all over with a fresh sd card if your old one wont work for restores.

Looks like I made a newbie boo-boo while rooting my phone. I had followed the guide here, and I had S-OFFed my phone with the Revolutionary S-OFFer, but little did I know, S-OFFing is not the same as rooting. With my phone S-OFFed but not rooted, I was wondering why my phone kept rebooting after the loading movie. Turns out, it was because I was not rooted.

I went back and followed that guide once more, but this time starting from the root step, and after rooting, I install Clockwork, and then installed this rom with clockwork. Everything is good now.

Sadly, and this is my own fault for not reading, this ROM is not gingerbread. I miss my quick settings menu.

Smile Re: [ROM][6-23-11] Incredibly Debloated v1.0 - Rooted w/Stock or

I like the ROM. I like simple. One thing I'm really missing though is the default mail application... It seems I've lost my two exchange accounts after installing this ROM. I couldn't find a market app or .apk file out there that can reinstall the default mail app. Suggestions? Should I just go back to my backup ROM or is there a way to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by elmo39120 View Post
    I like the ROM. I like simple. One thing I'm really missing though is the default mail application... It seems I've lost my two exchange accounts after installing this ROM. I couldn't find a market app or .apk file out there that can reinstall the default mail app. Suggestions? Should I just go back to my backup ROM or is there a way to fix this?
    You generally loose everything save for what's on your sdcard when you install a new rom. Have you tried using a different mail client?

after installation i rebooted , then it got stuck on the "htc qutly brilliant" screen. it just blink endlessly on that screen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast