Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up Droid Incredible Full Body Skin Protector

So far the only one I found that had the full body droid skin was xo skins. HTC Droid Incredible Skin Protector - $11.96 : XO Skins | Screen Protector, Scratch, Shields, Armor, Guards

I ordered it yesterday and got my tracking number. Should arrive tomorrow. As soon as it gets here I will post some pics of the skin installed. Looks like I'll have my skin on the 27th and my incredible on the 28th WOOT!

Just became a facebook fan and they sent me a coupon code.
    XOSfacebookfan for $2 off my next order

I sounds like a general code so good luck
    Last edited by new2droid; 04-29-2010 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Added coupon they sent me

Have you used this product before? I am looking at the zagg as well (only screen, no full-body there yet) and I have heard 'yellowing' issues with Zagg, but I have a 50% off coupon for there. The price of this one is slightly higher after the coupon, but the price difference is secondary to a better product.

A good review or two of this product would be helpful!!

Here is the Zagg one ($14.99)
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | HTC Droid Incredible Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Wow...they just added full-body coverage since yesterday for $24.99!!

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz RLS13

The glossy black silicone skin they sell at Verizon is REALLY good. It fits perfectly and addresses the two concerns I had with the phone. 1, that the camera protrudes so far that when you lay the device down it makes contact with the surface - the skin comes out far enough that that doesn't happen. 2, that I can set it face down on a flat surface and the screen will not be scratched by some small grains of dust/dirt. The skin provides a small bevel around the screen that lifts it up ever so slightly.

It also has a somewhat cool "scale" design, visible when light hits it just the right way.

I'll post pics...

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz RLS13

Pics of the Verizon glossy silicone skin for Incredible:

I like the look of that black skin.

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Is that glossy silicone skin "sticky"? Will it get hung up in a pocket?
    Also, I love the idea of a Zagg skin, but after having them on both a storm and an iPhone, they peal up at the corners sometimes. Even if you have their people install it.
    I dont know what i'm going to do yet.

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by fillossofer View Post
    Pics of the Verizon glossy silicone skin for Incredible:

that is nice. but did verizon happen to have any type of clips for the phone?
    @workMakin$

Quote Originally Posted by radgatt View Post
    that is nice. but did verizon happen to have any type of clips for the phone?
    yep...with the leather look.

Phantom Skinz makes one for the incredible as well.
    Galaxy Nexus -Unlocked/Rooted- Stock Rom
    HTC Incredible. Unrevoked Forever. CM7

Quote Originally Posted by threepio View Post
    Phantom Skinz makes one for the incredible as well.
    +1 on Phantom Skinz...i already have my order placed!

Well unfortunatly I have about 3 months left to look (my new every 2 ends late July) but I will look at all of these. I will be looking for the screen only. I am hoping a good leather bilfold-type case will come out.

Skinomi and has theirs ready for the Incredible. If you're not familiar, it's a great product. This is my third phone getting protected. It isn't a cheap peel-and-stick cover that gets bubbles under it, affects performance, and yellows. Highly recommend! (Nope, don't work for them.) Skinomi TechSkin - Gadget and Cell Phone Screen Protectors, Skins, Cases, Shields, Covers

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

I had a Zagg invisible shield on my Samsumg Omnia last year. Honestly, I would never buy it again, for a touch screen phone especially. It protects the phone well, but it sometimes has a sticky feeling that makes it very difficult to swipe on the touch screen. It only really works when your hands are well moisturized or oily, otherwise they will slightly stick. Also eventually the small pieces on the sides will eventually start to come off and collect lint.

Also if you screw up the application and let bubbles under the skin, even though most will evaporate, micro bubbles will still be stuck there and be very annoying. It's annoying to apply and can be an easy $30 loss if you screw up bad.

My honest opinion is to do with what I did with my Droid: Buy a kick *** "Seidio Innocase" and get one of those general screen protectors. The innocase fits well, looks amazing, and is thin enough to not add virtually any bulk at all. Also the screen protectors are better for sliding fingers on the phone and never cause sticking.

One thing to note is that I use ShapeWriter as my on screen keyboard, so I do a lot of swiping and prefer to have the least resistance or sticking possible.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Just got home from work and it's here! Ill post some pics of my loot soon. The box is very cool. It has some texture on it like snake skin. It came with a spray bottle, squeegee, and instructions. Took me about 3 minutes to install. Its very smooth and easy to slide my finger across the screen.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

That silicon case is pretty cool. I may get one then just use the screen protector. The back feels like rubber so who knows if you can even scratch it. Does it hang on to the phone well. I used to use cases but they always popped off on me and drove me nuts.

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

PhantomSkinz 25% off spring25
    GhostArmor.com 10% off 20090325
    Zagg 20% off zagg20
    Skinomi.com 25% off get25
    Last edited by eRod v1.0; 04-29-2010 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by new2droid View Post
    That silicon case is pretty cool. I may get one then just use the screen protector. The back feels like rubber so who knows if you can even scratch it. Does it hang on to the phone well. I used to use cases but they always popped off on me and drove me nuts.
    it fits the phone extremely well. very tight. it's harder to get it off then it is to put it on

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

I bought the black silicone skin but am finding that it isn't giving the power button enough room to raise up all the way...so I don't get a good release of the button after clicking. Has anyone else had that same experience?
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    Have you used this product before? I am looking at the zagg as well (only screen, no full-body there yet) and I have heard 'yellowing' issues with Zagg, but I have a 50% off coupon for there. The price of this one is slightly higher after the coupon, but the price difference is secondary to a better product.

A good review or two of this product would be helpful!!

Here is the Zagg one ($14.99)
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | HTC Droid Incredible Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Wow...they just added full-body coverage since yesterday for $24.99!!

I have used zagg on everything...cameras, bb's, treos, regular phones, gps, scanner radios, EVERYTHING.
    Screen doesn't turn yellow. It's the corners that do because they are exposed when you have the full body shield.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Nice I think I will pick one up. The silicone case that is. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eRod v1.0 View Post
    PhantomSkinz 25% off spring25
    GhostArmor.com 10% off 20090325
    Zagg 20% off zagg20
    Skinomi.com 25% off get25
    Very cool, thanks for the post...helps for when I finally decide LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    I have used zagg on everything...cameras, bb's, treos, regular phones, gps, scanner radios, EVERYTHING.
    Screen doesn't turn yellow. It's the corners that do because they are exposed when you have the full body shield.
    So your a dedicated Zagg user? In mentioning the corners, do you mean they turn yellow or something else, I will only be getting the screen sheet. I really think the back can fend for itself, the screen is the delicate part....in conjunction with my next part below LOL......

Quote Originally Posted by new2droid View Post
    Nice I think I will pick one up. The silicone case that is. Thanks
    VZW's case looks OK as well, but if anyone hears of a leather case (not pouch, I like the 'book' style case) please let me know....I will do the same if I find one.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

sorry just saw the response.....not getting notifications.
    Yeah the corners of the full body pop up and turn yellow.
    What is the one place that phones get dinged when dropped? The corners.
    They are tacky, but that goes away over time.
    I now only do screen only ones.
    I am torn between this and the Phantom. Probably just order the IS when I find a coupon.

Quote Originally Posted by stanfna View Post
    +1 on Phantom Skinz...i already have my order placed!
    +2 on Phantom Skinz

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

the silicone case FITS really well! i just got mines and it fits the incredible, incredibly well. lol
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

haha incredible incredibly... Just reminds me of the rain main. Def definitely..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast