Waiting for phone, looking for screen protectors...

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey every one,

I'm currently waiting for my HTC Incredible, so in the mean time I figured I would purchase my screen protectors.

Has any one purchase these screen protectors from Verizon? What did you think?
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...PS://www.verizon.com/products/&token=1l1IvNvo

I'm mainly just looking for a screen protector that covers the main touch screen and the 4 buttons on the bottom. But I've noticed that on some of these screen protectors you have to apply some sort of liquid to them, and I'm not comfortable doin that.

Would the Verizon one be a good choice? I'm looking for just screen protectors not cases or any thing like that.

Thanks,

Bigk:)

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the ZAGG protector. A guy at Best Buy installed it for me and it comes with a liquid that gets sprayed on the screen. So far so good.

There are a couple other threads that discuss protectors and different cases.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Liquid base protectors aren't hard to apply. I recommend phantom skin

I was watching a how to video on how to apply the phantom skins to a lg dare and they don't seem hard to apply. But its the whole water + phone situation that I'm not liking.

1776_1865_RIP

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Boxwave no liquid or adhesives, I've had them on all my phones since my h6315 so I can't really compare them but they beat the hell out of all the other alternatives when I first tried them.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. Are the anti-glare for static cling protectors, really dark and tinted? Or would I be better off going with the regular clears ones? How thick are the Boxwave, Clarivue, and steinheil screen protectors?

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine from Verizon it works great, no bubbles and can't see it. I have owned Zagg before and the Zagg tended to be softer. The Verizon protector is more like a hard-plastic protector.

I recommend it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
They must of went fast because there out of stock again. Unless you got the anti-finger print one.

bss

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah still showing out of stock for the Crystal Clear one...I emailed them earlier this morning and their response was this:

Hello,
Thank you for contacting SGP customer service.
We are expecting it to be back in stock by end of this week, if not by early next week.

If you have any more questions, please feel free contact our customer service department again at ****. Thank you.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The VZW protectors are just rectangular films, not shaped to fit the front of the Incredible. That means you can see them because they only cover part of the screen. I think (hope) they'll eventually have custom fit protectors because I don't like the feel of the Zagg, nor using cling protectors. I want one with adhesive that fits the entire front of the device. So far I haven't found one.

bss

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
BoxWaves are my personal favorites. Extremely easy to put on and super thick.

Their films are a bit more expensive than the ones from SGP, but probably the same products. Looking through that site however I saw what looks to be a nice rubberized/silicone case - has anyone reviewed the FlexiSkin for the Incredible?

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
you still get finger prints but just wipe it off real quick with a sleeve of your shirt or something and its good to go again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton