VZW Silicone Cover

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I put one on my phone in the store. I didn't like the look or the feel of it, so I got the hard red case that snaps together over the phone. To each their own..

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the black one. Feels okay, but I like my phone's thinness and hate to make it thicker. On top of that, it kind of messed with my Zagg screen protector, so now I only use it if I think I might be in a position or place that I'd be more likely to drop my DI.

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I have this case in black and LOVE it! Yes, it can mess up your ZAGG Invisible Shield if you're not careful, but I like the feel and the added protection.

TNScrambler

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I trimmed the corners of mine slightly to make it clear the corners of my zagg better, but i really like it, actually do not like the phone without it anymore. Plus, most people don't know its a case, they think its how the phone is supposed to be.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the black cover and think it's perfect. Coming from BB I was concerned about it being a silicone cover that didn't cover much. It couldn't be more different. It protects all sides of the corners, has a seamless fit, and makes the phone seem more substantial. I have big hands so it helps make it more comfortable to use.

Unlike most, I like the Verizon screen protectors, so I have no problem with the case interfering.

Steve in CT

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have this one in black and I like it. Only downside I see is that it is a tad hard to get on and off but I don't need to remove it enough for that to be an issue. On the upside it's doesn't attract pocket lint like the BB silicone covers did! :)

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I got the red one last week cause they didnt have the black one(which I originally wanted) and the red kinda grew on me :). I ended up going back this week and getting the black one.

I personally like it. Feels good in my hand, and it looks good.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have no issues with the zagg and the silicone skin
The problem is unless it's on perfect, the skin will peel back at the corners.
After I put the skin on for 24 hrs (I actually waited this time) I then put the case on so the corners would go over top and come down on the device.

Basically stretched it a bit to get it over. If you push the case on, it will push the shield up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqKexANxwv4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STky9NoocXc

dbastian

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Tony,

I just wanted to clarify that you have the flexible black high gloss silicon case that is seen in verizon stores. Cause when i watched your most recent video on the zagg screen protector the phone looked great with the cover that you had on it. It looked dark, sleek, and strong. When i read below the video you typed in that it was a "Hard Black High Gloss silicon" case. So i wasnt sure if this was different then the flexible silicon cases that i saw in the store and people have put videos up on. If there was a "hard" case that was high gloss i am interested in finding out about that.

thanks

ShitGoose

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I am just curious if any of these covers will prevent dust from entering underneath screen?

It seems like every phone Ive ever had, has gotten dust under the screen and it drives me nuts

The Zagg covers seem to just go over screen but seem to offer no protection to the sides. The VZW covers snap on but it seems the edges would just be a dust collector and make the problem even worse.

I keep my phone in my pocket a lot and do not want to see the beautiful AMOLED screen get ruined by dust

Anyone know anything about this?

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Theres always someone talking about dust under the screen. I have the glossy black silicone case and I love it. Only two comments: 1. I had to enlarge the hole around the audio jack because the case was preventing my earbuds from plugging in all the way. 2. Because the edges of the case are raised dust tend to accumulate there. Easily cleaned off though.

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the "shine" one. I don't like the look of the pretend carbon fiber on the back but it makes up for it in easy in and out of the pocket slides.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
what are the issues with the silicone case and the ZAGG cover(s)?

The silicone case provides such a tight fit that it tends to push the edges of the Zagg screen protector, making it peel away from the screen. I had a Zagg for three days before putting on the case and it still made it peel up in the corner. Some say if you install the Zagg properly it won't happen, but that's BS. It is more about the slight imprefections of the silicone case than the installation of the Zagg (unless you're a moron who can't get it on straight).

The bottom line is that the two don't play well together. Me, I got my Zagg replaced and sold it on eBay and kept the silicone case. It provides better overall protection for the device and the Zagg is so tacky it feels like you spilled cola on your screen. I like the smooth glass feel better.

But to each their own.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine the other day but wasn't home when it shipped today. Should have it tomorrow :)

Has anyone cut the volume/power bumpers out? I don't really like the bumpers and want to cut either the entire thing out or just an outline around it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci