Seidio 3500mAh Battery for the Incredible

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Batterystats.bin

Thats the one I got and after rooting swapping to the Undervolted Hydra Kernel (less power usage by 100 / 25mv respectively) and recalibrating the battery by deleting the batterystats.bin I can get 17-18 hours of it under pretty heavy usage. Normally, since everyday varies, I manage between 14-16 hours on it.

Should I delete that batterystats.bin file if i changed my Dinc to the 2150Mah battery>?
Where can I find that file to delete?

I guess that once it is deleted, the battery gauge might be more accurate or something?

hoenninger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
My phone has been running since 7:36am this morning, yet my battery is only down to 70%. After 6 hours on my first day with the 3500, it was down to 54%. Definitely an improvement after a week of charging.

This is more like what I was hoping for when I bought the 3500.

George

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Charging the battery with the power off will definitely see an improvement in up time... This is a product of the issues with the Incredible's charge circuitry and not the battery itself.

After you charge with the phone powered off and get the green light, unplug the cable, wait for the light to go out, and plug it right back in until green again.. You can repeat this one more time if you want, and have the time. This simulates the "leave on the charger for an extra 3-4 hours after indicator says it's full" that's suggested by Seidio on the box and website...

I know this is basically "Bump" charging, and the charging issues have been posted here before, but I figured I would post it again so people wouldn't have to comb through every page...

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks to CRKhead and everyone else for all your input on this battery. I just started using mine today and am loving it so far. Over 10 hrs of use and still at 45%. That's with alot of browsing and I streamed music for about 4 of those hrs. At first I thought the back was ugly but with crkheads pics it made me not hate it so much. Plus I think it feels really good in the hand. Really liking it so far. Just hoping it doesn't bulge out too much in jeans pocket. Thanks again everyone for helping me make my decision

MAXIMUS1000

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Charging the battery with the power off will definitely see an improvement in up time... This is a product of the issues with the Incredible's charge circuitry and not the battery itself.

After you charge with the phone powered off and get the green light, unplug the cable, wait for the light to go out, and plug it right back in until green again.. You can repeat this one more time if you want, and have the time. This simulates the "leave on the charger for an extra 3-4 hours after indicator says it's full" that's suggested by Seidio on the box and website...

I know this is basically "Bump" charging, and the charging issues have been posted here before, but I figured I would post it again so people wouldn't have to comb through every page...

Evo user here,on my third day with the seidio 3500 and have noticed a nice improvement after learning of this "bump charge" on here,just wanted to thank you for reposting this info.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The EVO also suffers from the same charging issues as the Incredible... They have similar, if not the same, charging circuitry.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So a funny story about the 3500. I was at a client site today shooting the breeze with the client for a few minutes and noticed he had an Incredible on his desk. I asked him how he liked it and an hour and a half went by talking about the DInc and various apps, settings and whatnot.

The funny part was, when I handed him my phone, he went... Good Lord, what is that! referring to the 3500 battery. I handed it to him and explained what it was.

He related his battery woes and I took his phone and tweaked it for better battery usage (He had ATK on it and it was auto killing everything all the time. He knows very little about Tech stuff other then as a user. So, ATK was the first thing to go.)

When he picked up my phone, he immediately said. WOW, this feels Much better in my hand then the thinner phone! I was a little afraid I wasn't going to get it back, but he immediately turned around to his computer and fired up Amazon. "What's it called?!"

In a few days, he will be another happy 3500 convert!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You suck dude.....I'm going to end up ordering one of those dang batteries before it's said and done.....

LOL - Froyo without Fear!

That's not to say that I have not hit 20% by the end of the day on REALLY heavy usage days, but I no longer have a USB charger hanging out of my pocket like a Chain Drive Wallet. ;)

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
hey, all you 3500 users, it's been almost 2 months since you've had your battery. is it still performing up to the same level as when you first got it? i've heard horror stories about seidio products and i am wondering if I should buy this or not.

do their batteries die out more quickly than oem?

also, what is the longest continuous gps you guys have used it on? i want to use my phone during a marathon w/ sportypal pro and music playing, and the 1500oem does not last that long. i need it for at least 4 hours.

what do you think?

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
It's still working just as good... Bumping the charge one to 3 times after every charge still shows a SIGNIFICANT improvement in life... I've used GPS while streaming XM radio at the same time for a total of 4 - 5 hours in a day and still had 50+% battery left...

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
wow, 50% left? so... like.. okay, let's do some math.

3500 mah at 50% is like... 1750 mah. so at your 50%, it is about or a little more than my 1500 oem battery? so you after your 4-5 hours of gps nonstop (and xm), you get at least another 4 hours of awake time left?

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I would get another 4 - 5 hours of constant GPS / Streaming XM, yes... If I was just to use the phone in the standard way with 50% left, I still get anywhere from 10 - 20 hours, depending on how heavily I use it...

smitchell24

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for the Incredible 3500mah with a vent mount to use the GPS while driving?? I ordered the ProClip version but understand that the Incredible will not fit in with the extended battery.

Thanks!

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for the Incredible 3500mah with a vent mount to use the GPS while driving?? I ordered the ProClip version but understand that the Incredible will not fit in with the extended battery.

Thanks!

I'd like to know the same thing. Perhaps an email to Seidio would get the ball rolling on the development of something? Seidio must know the 3500 poses issues when it comes to holsters, etc.

bobarry

Dec 6, 2010
tinyurl
Battery info display for bigger battery

Did the battery info change from its stock value of 1200mAh when you installed the bigger battery?

Bo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007