Best screen protector

DarkScythe

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
However, it isn't as scratch resistant as I would like. I've only had it on there for 2 weeks, but it is already all nicked up. I'm sure the screen wouldn't be (I carried it "naked" for several weeks with no scratches at all, and my usage/abuse has been identical these last 2 weeks).

It doesn't matter what brand of screen protector it is. It's just a fact of physics. Most of these screen protectors are made of plastic, and plastic is a much softer material than glass. That also means plastic will scratch a lot more easily than glass.

IMO, the whole point of a screen protector isn't to keep the screen looking completely new all the time, it's to take the place of any possibly catastrophic scratch that would harm the glass itself. All it takes is one and you'd be staring at scratched glass until your contract expires. On the other hand, with a deeply scratched plastic screen protector, just stick on a new one.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Anybody who sees my posts, knows I love zagg.

click the link in my sig how I put it on and the follow video on how tough it is (not to put on but that it takes a beating)

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Phantom Skinz, used one on my Storm for 2rs and never had a scratch or ding on it. Dust in the corners and crevices yes,( i carried it in my pocket) but no physical defects.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Tried Zagg first (Best Buy installed it for me), and didn't really like the texture. Went to Phantom Skinz next, but it didn't hold up welland it was incredibly hard to install correctly. I had an extra Zagg, so I guess I'll go back with that until I find something better.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
You know my last phone, the trusty LG Voyager, had a hair stuck under that "remove before use screen"... EVERYTHING was factory sealed and I opened the box as the Verizon guy was pulling up my account to add it... I made him get me a new one... LOL I'm such a Primadonna...

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Verizon csr put my Steinheil crystal clear on. I messed up the first one, so I let the "pros" do it. He ended leaving a small bubble on the right side that has a lint speck in it. Its driving me crazy, as I can clearly see it with the screen powered off. Ordered another pack. I will do it with the steamed bathroom application method next time.

Chiefmcfuz

Jun 28, 2010
www.manhattanreefs.com
I had the Zagg didn't like it, got the seidio screen protector, I love it.

Zagg screen protector felt Gummy and sticky to me. The seidio feels like the actual screen on the phone.

staffordjm

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Zagg screen protector felt Gummy and sticky to me. The seidio feels like the actual screen on the phone.

I've been looking for a comparison of the Seidio screen protector. I think I'm going to give it a shot.

The Zagg protector is AWEFUL!!! It has a nasty orange peel texture. And I also thought it was rather gummy/sticky. I would say that it reduces the touch sensitivity by at least half. Most scrolling swipes were interpreted as individual touchpoints.

I'm running mine nekkid until I decide on what protector to try next.

Johnie

Patriot1120

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

I agree 100%. I've tried various screen protectors that require some sort of adhesive and they were all awful. I tried the Seidio ultimate screen protector. went on quick...no bubbles...great fit...totally invisible. You won't even know you have a protective screen in appearance or feel.

nickbike

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I started with the Verizon ones and I liked how easy they went on and the feel. The touch sensitivity was great and you couldn't really tell it was there. I didn't like that it only covered the screen and not the whole face of the phone.

After reading this thread, I got a Skinomi. I don't really like it that much after 3 weeks of use. Everything went on fine. I have a little bit of the orange peel texture, but that doesn't bother me. The things I don't like is the surface is a little gummy and sticky. Of course, it's worse when its hot (like sitting in a hot car hot). Also, I find the Skinomi soft. Like, I carry it in my pocket with chapstick and I can see where the knurling of the chapstick knob has permanently imprinted itself into the Skinomi.

So, in the end, I would love one made of the Verizon material that covers the whole screen. Can anyone tell me if there's a brand out there like that? It's sounds like the Seido one might be what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

yotesfan499

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
After having both the Zagg and Ghost Armor, I LOVE the Ghost Armor product from Best Buy. I was once a loyal Zagg fan, with my Curve and Storm, but the install is kind of a pain. Ghost Armor is installed by Best Buy and is a lot clearer. Haven't had an issue yet and it's been installed for about 2 months. If there are ever any problems I guess you just take it back to Best Buy and they put a new one on for $5, can't beat it IMO!

howser87

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been pretty loyal to Skinomi in the past, grabbed the Verizon ones just to keep it clean till they come in. Starting to like the sound of Ghost Armor though.

As a side note, anyone else have a Verizon "Anti Glare" screen protector? Thats what I have as a temp and it is bugging the heck out of me. It looks like when you spray a thin layer of water on a tv screen. Has pinpoints of light everywhere. Other than that and just covering the LCD I like it though.

howser87

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been pretty loyal to Skinomi in the past, grabbed the Verizon ones just to keep it clean till they come in. Starting to like the sound of Ghost Armor though.

Went into a Best Buy here in San Diego california and they looked at me funny when I asked about "Ghost Armor." Three stores later I found someone who had at least heard the name before, he told me a guy from Arizona had come in and wanted his replaced, but that no stores in the area have them.

Ended up getting a zagg and I will be replacing it when I get the seido in, touchscreen took a dive and real bad orange peel.