1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default Seidio 1750 running pretty warm?

JUST got my incredible and popped in the 1750 from Seidio, it is pretty warm on the back though, almost hot. Is this normal at first?

ive seen mine read as high as 97 degrees Fahrenheit before and also heard a few people on here report the same thing. My conclusion is that it just runs a bit warm.

Any device that uses a battery will get warm, even hot, if the battery is being constantly used non stop. Do you have GPS on or anything else that requires it to be "on" and use the battery?

You'll also see the phone get warm to hot if you're on a phone call for an hour or more as well.

I've noticed this as well.. gets particularly hot when I use the Yahoo mail app..
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

havent had a problem yet its no different that cheao *** 1300.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

The battery will get hot under usage or charging. I've seen mine for as high as 95-97 degrees. It's how batteries work, it's a chemical change inside the battery!
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

It should get warm. The Seidio battery is not in a case (which the stock battery looks like it is in), so the heat will transfer to the back cover more so than the stock battery.

On my battery app I have been in the 120s before. Usually I am around 85-97

Quote Originally Posted by rader023 View Post
    On my battery app I have been in the 120s before. Usually I am around 85-97
    HOLY SH*T. i live where its 100+ degrees temperature every day and i work outside and STILL havent seen my battery get that hot LOL.

Global Posts
    702 Global Posts

battery only runs warm when i'm using the phone's features for an extended period of time. it did that with normal battery as well so i don't attribute it to the battery.

Mine's hit 117. Pulled the battery at that point. For one weekend I had tons of issues with the 1750 overheating badly, but haven't had that issue since. Now its 91.4 and cool to the touch.

i was stationary listening to my Radio (Incredible), so i just took off the battery cover.

I was charing mine this weekend in my truck, and got out, thought i had it in the shade.... Nope turns out it was in the sun and hit 135*... The battery meter i have said overheat, so i unplugged it and let it cool off and its still good to go...

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Per the back of the battery it says never exceed 140 degree Fahrenheit. This should be the safe limit for it, so 120 would still be safe.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!