Spare Wall Charger

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to get a spare wall charger for my Incredible to keep at work. Some of the reviews say that the cheap ones will lock up the device and/or don't charge it properly (or at all). Can anyone that has purchased a spare wall charger for their HTC Incredible please post a link? As long as it charges the phone just like the one that came in the box does I will be satisfied. It does NOT have to double as a USB cord. I'm looking to spend about $10-15 shipped.

TIA

Edit: I was also considering a spare battery charger similar to this http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd3-bcsi3hddn-bk.htm

$30 is a bit pricey - anyone know of a cheaper one that still works? Would that power cord be able to be used to charge the device if directly plugged in to it?

Edit X2: I would also consider a spare wall charger/car charger combo for a decent price if someone had a link to that as well. With experience using them on their Inc.

Last edited:

sklemp

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I use my old BB USB cable for my desk. Works great when I just need to do a short charge while I'm listening to music.

Is that an option for you?

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I got this one on eBay from this vendor for $9.99 (price varies, as you can see) shipped: Item number 370408209874. Sure beats paying Seidio's $29.95!! Love it, and believe it or not, the battery which came with the charger works just as well as the stock DI battery...

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I use my old BB USB cable for my desk. Works great when I just need to do a short charge while I'm listening to music.

Is that an option for you?

That doesnt work for me :confused: . I can see that my old blackberry cable ( for an 8330) is shaped different and wont plug into my incredible .I thought I could till I tried too , for me thats a no go though.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
That doesnt work for me :confused: . I can see that my old blackberry cable ( for an 8330) is shaped different and wont plug into my incredible .I thought I could till I tried too , for me thats a no go though.

I think it's just the newer BB's that this works with. Like the Tour, Storm 1 & 2, newer model Curves, etc.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't buy the cheap ones. I got burned when I bought the Amzer BOC from Fommy.com. The Seidio one works well. I got it from Amazon for $24.

Cory do you care to elaborate, if you can, on how you got burnt? I would appreciate some additional information so that I can pass it along in the future.

Now as far as what charger to get etc etc, I normally stick with name brands, RIM, Seidio, etc. So just buy a cheap branded one from Amazon and be happy. I got like 4 BB chargers I need to get ride of!

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Cory do you care to elaborate, if you can, on how you got burnt? I would appreciate some additional information so that I can pass it along in the future.

Now as far as what charger to get etc etc, I normally stick with name brands, RIM, Seidio, etc. So just buy a cheap branded one from Amazon and be happy. I got like 4 BB chargers I need to get ride of!

Do they all charge your Incredible like the charger that came out of the box does?

I would possibly be interested in purchasing one of those from you...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah they all charge them pretty good, just not as fast as the stock HTC charger. Reason being the RIM chargers are 700maH where the HTC ones are 1 Amp.

I'm not going to be able to beat this price however, both mobile and home HTC chargers for like $6:
Amazon.com: Car+AC Wall Home AC Charger For HTC Droid Incredible: Cell Phones & Service

Or wall charger only for $1 by HTC:
Amazon.com: Wall AC Home Charger for HTC Droid Incredible Phone?

Thanks for the links. The first link for the wall/car charger combo doesn't have a great review (only 1 review though). The second link looks like it has potential, however...

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for taking so long to reply. Crazy day with the X launch and all.

Right after I bought my Incredible, I immediately looked for a battery only charger. I found the Amzer one on Fommy's website, for $24.95, but at the time they were taking pre-orders only. It shipped 3 weeks later. When it arrived, one of the first things I notices was that the output .5A. Okay fine, so it's going to take a while to charge the battery. Not great, but whatever. Next thing I did was plug the Incredible into the USB port on the side of the charger. My screen went crazy and wouldn't respond to any of my finger presses properly. I also noticed that the charger itself felt like an extremely cheap piece of plastic. I went back to Fommy's website to figure out how to do an RMA, and I noticed the price of the charger had been knocked down to $4.99 and there was now a warning that the USB port was inoperable. After reading their return policy, I figured it was easier to throw it in the trash than pay shipping, and a restocking fee. For what it's worth, this same charger appears to be all over the internet (Ebay and other discount sites) under different names. However, this charger is no longer for sale at Fommy.com.

And you have an Incredible? I think that is exactly what I'm looking for...

I do have the Incredible and the battery fits it perfectly. I swap back and forth between the stock battery and my Touch Pro 2 battery and always keep one of them in the charger.