HTC 1500 Battery for Ozone, I HIGHLY recommend

Reborn58

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I dont remember where I saw the tests, but I believe the HTC 1500mah actually tested to work almost as well as the seido 1750mah.

I think the 1500 tested around 1550 and the seido tested at only around 1680.

So the Seido is still a bit better than the 1500, but not much according to the tests.

shoman24v

May 15, 2010
Visit site
For me, using my phone moderatly would mean having 3G off and not using it lol.

Even with a 1750 I can kill it in half a day. I use my phone heavily, and 3G is the big killer for it.

Today I had my 3G off and barely used my phone except for making calls.

My usage:

11hrs since unplugged

Voice calls 32%
Cell standby 27%
Phone idle 25%
Android system 8%
Dialer 5%
Display 3%

All that and I still have 50% left according to the bars in the battery settings.

I used to use battery time lite or whatever it's called but I don't think it actually calculates battery time based on usage, hence why it asks for your phone name. Two things gave it away for me. The slider bar in the settings automatically adjusts the time it will take for something to wear. And when I get a full charge in the OS then turn the phone off and let it finish charging (about another 30 mins) the app won't show the battery being at 100% when I turn it back on for at least an hour or so.

bbui4

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
If you are buying it off of amazon and you are a student you can sign up for amazon prime for free with valid student email addy (.edu) and get free shipping for 1 year. I signed up and tested it by buying some replacement earphones and it works. (Haven't tried it for the battery since I already have the seidio 1750)

Amazon Student

bbui4

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
If you are buying it off of amazon and you are a student, you can sign up for amazon prime (free with valid student email addy .edu) and get free shipping for 1 year. I signed up and tested it by buying some replacement earphones and it works. (Haven't tried it for the battery since I already have the seidio 1750)

Amazon Student

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
It's almost a week since I have had it. The cool thing was when conditioning it the first couple charges, I had to TRY to get the battery to zero. I am so happy with this battery, I wonder why HTC didn't include this battery with the device.....

Anyway, I now consistently get a full days use out of it. I do bump charge every morning, I really hope the software release handles that...

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Why spend $20 for an ozone 1500Mhr battery from Amazon, when you can get Droid Eris 1500Mhr batteries with a wall charger for $10??????? Yes they are an exact fit into my Dinc. Even a 1750Mhr battery wouldn't last me a whole day so I have to fit a new battery before leaving work.
Check out Ebay.

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Why spend $20 for an ozone 1500Mhr battery from Amazon, when you can get Droid Eris 1500Mhr batteries with a wall charger for $10??????? Yes they are an exact fit into my Dinc. Even a 1750Mhr battery wouldn't last me a whole day so I have to fit a new battery before leaving work.
Check out Ebay.

Personally, I am funny about those low price deals from some Amazon Sellers. Not saying this is the case.....but when they sell them so cheap, I have the odd fear that they are selling a return or something that didn't meet specifications. I don't like to overpay mind you, but sometimes I don't like to "get what I pay for" either. I may had paid a little more for the 1500 through Verizon, but it has definitely paid for itself plus some.

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I get the same or a little more life from the Three (two are labeled with the HTC logo) batteries I got from ebay than I do from the stock battery.
Also, what good is a spare battery if you can't charge it. That's why the cradle/wall charger is worth the $10

CGWaters

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
One heads up by the way....bump charge it all the way, this should definitely maximize it BIGTIME!!!

I am looking to condition this battery, I was always told the first 2-3 charges let it drop down to zero and then charge full.

If you are unfamiliar with Bump Charging, you charge the battery with the device on until you get the green light.

When it is green, unplug the device. Turn it off, and then plug it back in. You will see the orange charge light again. It will give an additional charge for 20 minutes or so.

When you see the green light, don't turn the device on, just unplug it, then plug it in again until it's green again. Do it one or 2 more times and you should be good.
Bump Charging novice questions: When you say to unplug the device when it is green, turn it off, and then plug it in again, etc., should I press the power switch so that the display goes dark...or should I do something more than that? And you perform these steps every morning? Doesn't that get to be time-consuming?

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Push and hold the power switch for a second. A dialog box appears. select shut down and wait for the phone to turn off.
Then charge until the green light comes on.
Restart the phone and then plug the charger back in again and wait for the green light.
You are now fully charged.

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Bump Charging novice questions: When you say to unplug the device when it is green, turn it off, and then plug it in again, etc., should I press the power switch so that the display goes dark...or should I do something more than that? And you perform these steps every morning? Doesn't that get to be time-consuming?

San Juan answered the first one. In the morning I wake up, see if I have messages, I unplug it then turn it off and plug it in and go downstairs and have coffee. I go upstairs and see if the green light is on. If it is I unplug and plug in again and take a shower. Get out of the shower, get dressed, unplug it, power up and go.

I caught a visual of bump charging and staring at it while it charged :D Note, it only takes about 20 minutes or so to bump that extra charge in there.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I ordered myself the 1500mah battery off amazon yesterday. I hope to see some improvement on this phone. If not I will have to step up and get the 2150 battery :/

urabob

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I am funny about those low price deals from some Amazon Sellers. Not saying this is the case.....but when they sell them so cheap, I have the odd fear that they are selling a return or something that didn't meet specifications. I don't like to overpay mind you, but sometimes I don't like to "get what I pay for" either. I may had paid a little more for the 1500 through Verizon, but it has definitely paid for itself plus some.

Agreed. That's why I bought mine from Verizon online. I figure I'm saving myself the hassle of getting something that doesn't work, doesn't fit or explodes in my pocket.

The performance boost isn't enormous, but it is better than the stock battery. I can comfortably get through the day with a fair amount of activity. Which is worth the extra money I paid.

nittanyjack

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Get the Touch Pro II Battery!

Buy the touch pro 2 battery off of eBay for $8.95. It fits perfectly and it is also 1500 mah. I have it and it works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech