32GB SanDisk from Verizion information!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Got my 32GB sandisk card in from Verizon. Part #TADP-32GBG $99.99 right now before discount, tax, or shipping. Free 2 Day fedex shipping if ordered now! (After discount 25% for me I paid $81 for the whole order.) Well I know there has been a lot of speculation regarding what speed the card is, some people have claimed to have talked with Verizon or Sandisk about it and the general idea that was floating around is that the card is only a class 2 card. This isn't true.

After recieving it I let my computer format the card to FAT32 (Actually it was already formatted but I redid it). I ran the tests that a user, TheMarkster, from the SanDisk forums suggest you run to verify if you have a fake or not and what class it is: test your microSD(HC) card's actual transfer rate with this free utility and post the results here. - Sansa e200 series - SanDisk's Sansa Community

I had nothing on the card and ran a full hour 1.5 hour test on all 32GB (29.7 formatted).

After running this test here are my results:
Write: 5.39MB/s
Read : 14.1MB/s

Break down of SD Class speeds
Class 2 rating 13x - 16.0Mbit/s (2MB/s) Write speed
Class 4 rating 26x - 32.0Mbit/s (4MB/s) Write speed
Class 6 rating 40x - 48.0Mbit/s (6MB/s) Write speed
Class 10 rating 66x - 80.0Mbit/s (10MB/s) Write speed

Due to the classifications above, which are the standard this card is a class 4 card by any measure. A bit faster is anything.

Just as a note: The ? rating is a unit of measurement equal to 1.2 Mbit/s. It is derived from the standard CD-ROM drive speed of 1.2 Mbit/s. Basic cards transfer data up to six times (6?) the data rate of the standard CD-ROM speed (7.2 Mbit/s vs 1.2 Mbit/s). The 2.0 specification defines speeds up to 200?, but unlike the class rating system, does not mandate that x-ratings measure the card's sustained write-speed. For most cards, the maximum read speed is typically faster than its maximum write speed, leading some manufacturers to use read-speed as the ?-rating measurement.

Short Review(If you can call it that.)
The card comes with the little clear plastic case like most memory cards come in now, a thumb drive adapter to put it straight into a computer usb port and an SD adapter to use in different devices if you want. I was highly impressed with the card. Runs good, great value for the money for anyone looking for a high capactity Micro-SD to max out your storage potential! Hopefully this give everyone a heads up on it to make the right decision!

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I remember hearing that vzw didn't put the 32GB card in the specs because it was thought that the device couldn't format it. It's crap 'cause I have one and it's working fine. ;)

PainKiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow...I can't imagine filling up a 16. Im using about 5% of mine and that's enough data for me to have to sort through...lol

~ Transmitted via Motorola Droid ~

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow...I can't imagine filling up a 16. Im using about 5% of mine and that's enough data for me to have to sort through...lol

~ Transmitted via Motorola Droid ~

I have about 7GB of music and thanks to the TV Out cable I store a lot of movies on my phone. Great for when you are on the road. Not to mention podcasts.

hoenninger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Received my card today and installed it with no issues after formatting it on one of my pc's.

Nice having 32GB's to store music and movies. :)

George

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
is verizon offering whats considered a good deal on that card? or can i get it cheaper on lets say ebay?

You may find it for a few dollars cheaper on eBay but the gaurantee that it is genuine, and not countereit, is minimal. I just sent back a Kingston 32GB card that I bought on eBay because It was fake. Better off buying from a reputable retailer and pay a few dollars more. Besides if you get a corporate discount then it will end up cheaper than anything on eBay.

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
You may find it for a few dollars cheaper on eBay but the gaurantee that it is genuine, and not countereit, is minimal. I just sent back a Kingston 32GB card that I bought on eBay because It was fake. Better off buying from a reputable retailer and pay a few dollars more. Besides if you get a corporate discount then it will end up cheaper than anything on eBay.
I concur, the ones on eBay are questionable. Had a couple customers come to my store and buy the real cards, after buying from eBay and the cards being 16GB marked as 32..

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The read speed of 14.1mb/s falls under class 2. Idk if they classify them by read or write but it looks like read.

Qazme said:
After running this test here are my results:
Write: 5.39MB/s
Read : 14.1MB/s

Break down of SD Class speeds
Class 2 rating 13x - 16.0Mbit/s (2MB/s) Write speed
Class 4 rating 26x - 32.0Mbit/s (4MB/s) Write speed
Class 6 rating 40x - 48.0Mbit/s (6MB/s) Write speed
Class 10 rating 66x - 80.0Mbit/s (10MB/s) Write speed

They classify them by write speed, the reason being that most operations are write heavy on a storage card. Or that's the theory. MB/s is MegaBytes per second while Mbit/s is Megabits per second. There are 8 Megabits in a MegaByte. You are comparing Mbit/s as MB/s. So actually the card is running 43.12Mbit/s on the write speed. Which places it firmly into the Class 4 category and depending on hardware and luck of the draw could place it into Class 6!

OldSchool

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I thought these were rated using write speed vs. read speed as one of the principal uses was for digital photography where minimal write latency would be highly desirable. I agree with Qazme's statement on the 32GB being firmly in Class 4 write speed range. I'll be getting one of these very soon. I need the space for media. Lots of music and no more need for a separate MP3 player.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I thought these were rated using write speed vs. read speed as one of the principal uses was for digital photography where minimal write latency would be highly desirable. I agree with Qazme's statement on the 32GB being firmly in Class 4 write speed range. I'll be getting one of these very soon. I need the space for media. Lots of music and no more need for a separate MP3 player.

That is correct.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
just ordered mine from Verizon. After corporate discount and tax it was 79.50. That's actually cheaper than the fake one I got off of eBay. At least the eBay seller refunded my money so I could get the real one.

netw0rks

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey thanks for the review!

I've been thinking about getting a 32GB micro for my Incredible and i saw this same SanDisk at a few places for ~$130. Glad i happened to see this forum post in your signature in another section.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20