Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Carrier
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

Default Seidio Innocase Extended

So it looks like the estimated ship date for the Innocase that will fit on the 3500 battery is 8/9... I haven't modded my existing case to work with the 3500, so I've been tempting fate by keeping it "naked"... Will definitely be picking this one up... I know my luck isn't going to last forever...

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

Post some pics when you get it. I'd like to see what it looks like in the real world rather then a PR shot.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Carrier
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

This is supposed to start shipping today... Did anyone pre-order it?

Hello,

We are planning to ship the Innocase Extended today and tomorrow in the orders that they were received. Please let us know if you have any other questions or comments.

Regards,

Interesting look...

One piece that wraps around the back and sides

I will probably order it, although I am not initially wowed by it.

George

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Wish I would have waited a week and could have got the case with the battery and saved 10%. Now I'm not ordering $50 worth to save 10%. Guess I'll wait to see what others think before laying out the cash.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by hoenninger View Post
    Interesting look...

One piece that wraps around the back and sides

I will probably order it, although I am not initially wowed by it.

George
    Does not look like it will fit in a standard Spring Clip like the naked Battery back does. If anyone gets this and has a spring clip I'd love to know if it fits.

Was that the best they could do? Dang Gina!

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Virtuous 3.2

I received the Innocase extended yesterday, and while the quality is good (perfect fit, very low profile, nice feel), I'm a little disappointed in the price for what you get. I think Seidio could have just made the custom back cover for the battery extend around the sides of the DInc in one part rather than requiring two for such a minor incremental degree of protection of the phone.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

@d213rr would you recommend not getting it and modifying the regular innocase?

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Virtuous 3.2

If you can do a decent job with the mod, then yes, save your money. I assume that it would cover the top and bottom of the DInc, which is lacking with the extended for some reason.

Carrier
    Clockwork+Cyanogen 7.0.3

I would echo what d213rr said. It's not much. What's interesting is that the back door you get with the battery is made of pretty sturdy stuff itself. That door does a great job protecting the back and the camera lens. That leaves only the front and sides to protect. This case does nothing for the front, so it's not much value add. It mostly appears to protect the sides.

I too had a "meh" reaction to it. Nice enough but they should just make the door wrap around.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

thanks I'll keep that in mind as I try to mod my case. Just wish there were more options for a bigger case.

Ok so I dropped my phone today as I was pulling it out of my pocket. Luckily, I broke the fall with my shoe and suffered just a minor scuff on the bottom right corner of the phone. (However, the phone did shut off and I had to start it back up.) I immediately thought that I should get the Seidio extended case, but then I remembered how much I didn't like it and didn't want to pay $30 for it. But it seems like it's my only option. I feel like I'm forced to buy it. Ahhhhh!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Carrier
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

I've been on vacation and just got home, the case was waiting for me... I'll post pics and thoughts in a few days after I get caught up with work...

Unfortunately this Seidio Innocase Extended is a waste of money for all the reasons above. They usually make good products but the back door should have extended to protect the rest of the phone, like a Mophie Juicepack or the like. I hope you guys are listening and can remedy this situation. Paying $70 for the battery and case shouldn't require buying a very inadequately designed $30 case in addition. I hope you understand... every great company has a couple of misses. This is one.

Although I purchased the "case" knowing what it was, I'm still disappointed...in myself!

This is not a case as we know it. It is rather, just an additional battery cover. No design element whatsoever. But, like I said, I knew what I was getting Same as Seido coming out with 1750 batteries first and then the 3500. What, 2 months ago, they didn't know how to make the 3500 yet???
    A fair price for the "additional battery cover" would have been 9.99
    29.99, shame on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Although I purchased the "case" knowing what it was, I'm still disappointed...in myself!

This is not a case as we know it. It is rather, just an additional battery cover. No design element whatsoever. But, like I said, I knew what I was getting Same as Seido coming out with 1750 batteries first and then the 3500. What, 2 months ago, they didn't know how to make the 3500 yet???
    A fair price for the "additional battery cover" would have been 9.99
    29.99, shame on me.
    Yes, I share your sentiments on the seidio innocase for the extended,sending mines back for a refund,,you get so much more for so much less with Modding a silicone or TPU case,I just received a few silicone jellies that I'm gonna go to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus71771 View Post
    Yes, I share your sentiments on the seidio innocase for the extended,sending mines back for a refund,,you get so much more for so much less with Modding a silicone or TPU case,I just received a few silicone jellies that I'm gonna go to work on.
    Can you post a pic or your creation when you're done? Perhaps I'd like to purchase one!

Has anyone attempted to buy a silicone case along with a holster and rigged it to fit with the extended battery?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

I don't think there are any clip holsters that work with the silicone cases. I believe some have gotten modified silicone cases into pouch type holsters for the EVO or other phones that are slightly bigger.

For what it's worth, the Seidio Spring clip works with the 3500 battery sans case.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by technomom View Post
    ... That leaves only the front and sides to protect. This case does nothing for the front, so it's not much value add. It mostly appears to protect the sides.

I too had a "meh" reaction to it. Nice enough but they should just make the door wrap around.
    I've ordered an extended battery and this case as well. I wonder about your comment "does nothing for the front." To me, it looks like the case extends slightly forward from the face of the phone. Please correct me if I am wrong. But that is one of the reasons I want a case - extending even just a bit in front of the phone means you can lay the phone face down and protect the screen - so the phone isn't sitting on the glass.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Virtuous 3.2

Laying the phone down on its face with the "case" on does not touch the glass against the surface. There's about a 1mm or so clearance. Just wanted to clarify.

Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock I don't root

An innocase 2 for the extended battery would be a better idea. I have the innocase 1 now and it's OK but the 2 IF made for the extended battery is would buy in a heartbeat!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast