1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Windshield Car Mount for Dinc

I have not seen too many recent updates to this issue, and I don't want a Proclip, dash mount, so I thought I would start another thread.

I have found that the windshield mount that I used for my bb storm, which grips the phone on both sides, causes problems with the touchscreen on my dinc. Has anyone come accross a windshield mount, or anything other than proclip, that works well with the dinc? In addition I use a clamshell holster, so I am also hoping for something that accomodates that. I know..picky picky. But why are dinc accessories so limited compared to Motorola? It does give me a bit of buyers remorse.

Thanks In Advance

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I'm using this one. Works well with both the standard and 3500 battery so it should work well with your case as well.

http://store.androidcentral.com/arko...r/3A78A574.htm
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Here's the DInc with my Arkon Mega Grip beanbag mount, it's different from the one already posted. This on is cool because it's 2 mounts in 1, the dash / console and the windshield mount.

$20 from Arkon's site:

Here's a vid:

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

I'm using the Verizon windshield mount and have been pretty happy with it. My only issues is that I have to take it out of my case. I have the silicon one, so it isn't difficult - just annoying.

Steve in CT

Quote Originally Posted by bespinct View Post
    I'm using the Verizon windshield mount and have been pretty happy with it. My only issues is that I have to take it out of my case. I have the silicon one, so it isn't difficult - just annoying.

Steve in CT
    I'm using that one too, also have a silicon sleeve. I'm pretty happy with the mount overall, my one complaint is that the mount rotates in two places: Once on the holster clip and once on the mount itself. It can make rotating the phone a messy process, fortunately, I don't find the need to rotate it that often. Overall I think it's a great mount for the Incredible though.

I have the Verizon one as well. I think that it is poorly made, the clip always comes off the mount part...just seems very cheap and unstable...

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sideload App Method

look up the universal bracketron. I've used it with my iPhone, blackberry, also it rotates and all the support pieces are adjustable. they have them at best buy

I got this iPhone mount from monoprice and the Dinc fits pretty well:

It's a little tight and it definitely will not work with any case, but for $3 plus shipping, it's works pretty good. The biggest issue is you need to use the holder upside down since the side with two corner supports blocks the usb port.

However, the car charger from monoprice sucks. Not worth the $1.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by radtechy View Post
    look up the universal bracketron. I've used it with my iPhone, blackberry, also it rotates and all the support pieces are adjustable. they have them at best buy
    I've seen the Bracketron GripIt holder, can't say I'm a big fan. For one thing, it looks really clunky, especially the arms. The legs aren't completely adjustable, they just flip out. The ratchet mechanism they use for the arm adjustment is, imo, clearly inferior to Arkon's spring grip mechanism on their Mega Grip holder.

For example, on the GripIt you have to pump the pin on the side multiple times to open the arms, then put in your phone, then squeeze the arms shut. For the Mega Grip, you just put your phone in and squeeze the arms, then push a button on the side and the arms pop open. Much easier.

edit: Here's 2 videos, one of the Bracketron GripIt and one of the Arkon Mega Grip that show the action of how they work. The griping method of the GripIt is just a ridiculous design decision to me, Arkon's method is much more elegant.

Arkon Mega Grip:

Bracketron GripIt:
    Last edited by Doyer; 08-17-2010 at 02:26 PM.

the bracketron mount is fugly! The Arkon mega grip is much nicer.
    Last edited by Mamba24; 08-23-2010 at 04:59 PM.