Other compatible HTC batteries

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I'm looking to extend my battery life (who isn't) and I've done a ton of reading so I'm going to ask my question. Are there other HTC devices that use batteries that are compatible with the dinc? I know the Eris uses the same battery, and on another web site, the forums there claim the HTC touch pro2 battery is 1500mah and just barely fits the dinc. I've seen the pictures, and I can get an OEM one for $15 plus shipping. 1500 mah is not a huge increase over 1300, but it is an increase and if it gives me another hour or so of usage, then it's well worth it for $15. I know the Sedio 1750 is crap as it is well documented that is truly is 1350 mah. I'm not spending $70 on the 2150 battery as I don't want the phone to be bigger and without the protection of a case. I was just wondering if anyone here has used another HTC battery successfully? The other page had 3 pages of replies with pics claiming it worked and really extended their usage throughout the day.

I figure $15 is worth it to try even if it doesn't work, and I'd still use the phone with an 1100 mah battery. the only thing that could make me give up my Dinc is if it had as crappy battery life as the EVO :p

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I think you are misinformed re. the Seidio 1750. I have one and it definitely is better than the stock battery. Where did you get this info that it's really 1350?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I think you are misinformed re. the Seidio 1750. I have one and it definitely is better than the stock battery. Where did you get this info that it's really 1350?

I can confirm this as well. I went from 5-6 hours on the 1300(stock) to 12-16 hours on the 1750(Seidio). Now that I'm running a Froyo ROM I'm getting 20 hours with it without issue. Take the things you read with a grain of salt, I don't think you will find may users of the 1750, if any, that will say they haven't at least doubled their battery life by going to it.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just got my seido 1750 this week and have cycled it 2x so far and it's considerably better than stock - lasted a full day with fairly heavy use, old battery would've crapped out at half that time...

bobnfloyd

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I went from a 1300 mah stock battery to a 1500 mah stock TouchPro2 (RHOD160) genuine battery to a Seidio 1750 battery. I was getting 18/20 hours, 24/26 hours, to 32.5 hours after 2 weeks of breaking in the battery. If you can get the 1750, do it, my philosophy is that you ALWAYS want the longer battery life, it's always going to be good for you, pay once, cry once.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
After a couple weeks of using the 1750 I still had to charge mid-day. I didn't really notice any more life out of it. It just wasn't worth $40+ if it wasn't going to last all day in my opinion so I returned it.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
After a couple weeks of using the 1750 I still had to charge mid-day. I didn't really notice any more life out of it. It just wasn't worth $40+ if it wasn't going to last all day in my opinion so I returned it.

That's not really saying much though because we don't know your usage. There is one user on here saying they needing something bigger than the 3500 because it was only lasting them 10 hours, meanwhile it was giving everyone else like 35 hours of life......So it really depend on what you are doing with it.

jason821

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just got 2 batteries and a wall charger for 24.99 through amazon. They are 1800mah. So far so good. They seem to last very long compared to the stock battery. No name brand.

Oh yeah. It uses the standard battery door.

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Take the things you read with a grain of salt, I don't think you will find may users of the 1750, if any, that will say they haven't at least doubled their battery life by going to it.

I think most people will agree that the Seidio batteries are better than stock, but "double"? I think very few people will agree with that. Most comments I have seen state the difference between the stock and Seidio is an hour or two, not worth the $40 price tag.

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Froyo is rumored to be coming out in a few days, I would wait and see if the update makes a difference before spending money on a battery.

queenbee808

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
dissapointed in las vegas

I also have the 2150 mah extended battery, and I am a heavy user/abuser of my Dinc. It doesn't last me allday, but its wayyyyyyy better than the original. The extra thicknes doesn't really bother me, but not being able to find a case for it does.. Wish i knew where to look to get one.. btw VZW states there is no demand for cases so there not making any.. :(

queenbee808

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if the sprint's hero stock battery works with Dinc??

8/20/10 confirmed: The Hero battery fits and works just fine with the Dinc.

Last edited:

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
That's not really saying much though because we don't know your usage. There is one user on here saying they needing something bigger than the 3500 because it was only lasting them 10 hours, meanwhile it was giving everyone else like 35 hours of life......So it really depend on what you are doing with it.

I was one of those people getting only 9-10 hours out of a 3500 battery. I solved most of my battery life problems by doing a factory reset on my Incredible. Now, I'm getting 2-3 days out of my 3500 and well over a day on the 1750 battery. I use it "normally", making phone calls (with or without bluetooth depending on where I am), texting, checking the internet, facebook, MLB 2010, weather, etc.

It's painful to factory reset because you have to spend time resetting up your device but it is absolutely worth it if you want better battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz