Seidio 1750 or 3500?

dansod

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I know this has been discussed at length. Please give me final input. I stopped using my Inc a month ago due to battery. I want to go back with a better battery.

Thank you all!

azari

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
3500!

I have the standard, the 1750, and the 3500mAh batteries. Originally thought I wouldn't like the 'pregnant' look of the phone with the 3500, but I guess 'it grew on me' :eek:

Anyhow, be aware that Seidio has a tendency to inflate their battery ratings. In fact, the 1750mAh is actually closer to 1500mAh (independent tests, e.g. batteryboss.org), so you gain little extra time with that one - I can confirm this, as I got maybe 1h - 1.5h additional time out of that one (unscientific 'daily use' testing...).

The 3500mAh is no different in that they again overstate the capacity (cf same site above). However, even though the battery is not really 3500mAh, it is currently the highest capacity (internal) battery you can buy for the Incredible, testing out at around 2800mAh actual capacity.

In my (again, unscientific, daily use) 'testing,' I don't need to bump charge during the day any more, but I do use a car charger on my to and from work (~45-50 minutes drive), listening to Pandora through my car stereo. With normal use (for me, a "rough average" of 4:1, up-time:awake-time), phone calls, SMS, some browsing, social networking, Pandora during breaks, etc, I typically get through the day with plenty of juice left in the evening. I do turn the phone off and charge nightly anyhow.

As an added benefit, even w/o a case, the camera lens won't get scratched when laying the phone down on a rough surface :cool:.

Hope this helps.

I know this has been discussed at length. Please give me final input. I stopped using my Inc a month ago due to battery. I want to go back with a better battery.

Thank you all!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree - if battery life is an issue, get the 3500. I use the phone without fear as it was ment to be used. A Seidio Spring clip works nicely as a holster and the Arkon Car car mount also works well with the extended battery case.

I didn't bother looking for or try to mod a case for the phone since new backs are only $12 they are cheaper then a new case!

Hope this helps.

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Get the 3500 you wont regret it. I had the 1750 but still had to charge during the day. With the 3500 I have no more worries.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary