Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Awesome Battery deal on Amazon

I purchased this deal for only $40. It comes with 2 HTC 1800 mah batteries and charger. The batteries are about 1mm thicker and makes the door fit a bit tighter but they work very well and is a welcomed upgrade from stock. Plus you always have a battery on standby. After using these batteries for a week now and messing around. I can surely say I have noticed increased life and usability.

Amazon.com: Sprint HTC EVO 4G 2x1800 mAh Battery Longer life than OEM+ Wall Travel Dock USB Charger also for Verizon Incredible Droid Touch Pro2 My Touch Slide: Cell Phones & Accessories

These are not knock off batteries.

I was able to get 1 Day and 1hr out of one battery with a few phone call and text messages
    Thanked by:
    ahniwa 

what was your awake time? they dont look like oem batteries.

cool, I ordered this for my wife and I. Will the charger work on any battery like the stock one?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by kenjd View Post
    cool, I ordered this for my wife and I. Will the charger work on any battery like the stock one?
    Yes. The charger will work for any battery compatible with the DINC or X since they use the same type. As far as my awake time, I don't recall what it was. Sorry. I don't have a screen shot of that.

I bought these in august and they last about 35% longer than the stock battery. Its nice to have 3 batteries now. When I know I'll be out for an extended period of time, I just throw 2 spares in my wifes purse just in case.

Anyone have a picture of what these batteries look like once in the phone? I've read that they are a little bigger than the stock battery.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by gforce1963 View Post
    Anyone have a picture of what these batteries look like once in the phone? I've read that they are a little bigger than the stock battery.
    It doesn't look any different than stock. You just have to press a tab bit harder to snap the tabs for the back cover of the phone. Thats all. Looks no different than stock.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I purchased this as well and received a single stock 1300 mah battery instead. Checked my order confirmation and it stated 2 HTC 1800 mah batteries and charger. Has anyone else had an issue with their order?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

There had to be a mix up. Just call the vendor that distributed it and let them know. I'm sure they will be glad to send you out the correct order.

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

FYI
    Slight correction to the OP post that "these are not knock off batteries" so that folks don't get confused
    These are aftermarket batteries and not HTC unless the seller CHICHITEC changed where they are getting their batteries in the last 2 months (bought mine end of October from CHICHITEC) however they do work great!

Nope, I did contact the vendor and they did not have the product. They offered to refund me if I returned the battery, or to refund a portion of the cost and I could keep the stock battery.

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts

Well... I risked it and went for it. We'll see if I have the bait and switch problem too.

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts

Ok, it arrived today, two 1800mAh batteries (at least that what it says on the label) and the charger. Plugged it in and charging as I type.

At the very least I got what they claimed they were selling. Now I just have to find out the true battery life I get.

Edit: I saw a website printed on the battery, htcexpress.com. And look at that. You can get the two batteries with no charger for $35 (without tax/shipping) or just one of them for $20! I didn't really have to buy the two batteries and charger. It's a good thing my brother is now going to get a Dinc, so he can use my spare 1800mAh battery.
    Last edited by Gerorne; 12-19-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock again for now

just ordered mine. we will see what happens. would be nice to not have to charge it every time i get in the car.
    SSgt, AZ ANG

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock again for now

just got it in the mail. bumpcharged it, and now trying to drain it down. from the reports, it takes a few charges to set it in motion. will post an update after a few charge cycles, and a day or two of normal usage.
    SSgt, AZ ANG

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock again for now

Okay, so it was longer than a few days. Sue me.

Anyways, the battery is great. Through a typical 18 hour day of what I feel is moderate usage, I am still at no less than 35 percent when I plug it in for the night. And that's with no bump charge. It took a couple charges for it to settle, but I am very happy overall.

Sent from my ADR6300
    SSgt, AZ ANG

I'm deciding between this and the 3500 battery.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

I just got this deal on ebay for $2.31 +5.99 for s&h. I'll take it

This is the seller's items, it looks like there are quite a few more there.
    link

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sideload App Method

Quote Originally Posted by pounder001 View Post
    FYI
    Slight correction to the OP post that "these are not knock off batteries" so that folks don't get confused
    These are aftermarket batteries and not HTC unless the seller CHICHITEC changed where they are getting their batteries in the last 2 months (bought mine end of October from CHICHITEC) however they do work great!
    I got from chichitech last month and they are still the ones everybody have been talking about red or white and they say HTC on one side like and OEM battery but its.not OEM cause its better lol the HTC batteries suck they are too weak

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

they white ones are only $29.99!

ROM
    CM4DX; CM7; Stock

I just ordered this battery deal from amazon. 29.59 total for the two batteries. After reading as many reviews on amazon and here, I think these should give my girlfriends incredible more than 6 hours of life. Giving the 2nd one to my brother for his birthday since his incredible doesnt live long either.