Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Jogging

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out a plausible way of giving my D.inc a bit more stability while I'm jogging. Currently I just put it my pocket and it swings around (little scary when on the treadmill!). I've noticed that recently that sometimes the audio starts fading in and out due to what seems like the twisting of the headphones male end spinning around in the jack. (maybe dirt?)

Anyway, my question is: Do you have any ideas on how to maybe strap it onto my arm with an already existing accessory? I ask this way because I've done a little bit searching and haven't found any holsters or straps specifically with jogging or exercise in mind. Thanks!

This may sound blasphemous, but isn't the Incredible approximately the same size as an iPhone? You could try finding a flexible iPhone arm band and poke a hole where the headphone jack is.
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP

As runner here is my unsolicited advice: be cautious about earbuds when exercising. I found that I had to turn the volume up to nearly max to hear anything. Try doing that in a quiet room and you'll probably go crazy. I stopped using them. I run outside, not on a treadmill, FWIW.

I carry my Inc whenever I go running for GPS tracking and general connectivity, but I never wear ear buds. As far as shorts, I started using my hiking pants and zipping off the leg bottoms. There is a second zippered pocket near the right pocket that the Incredible fits snugly inside and doesn't wiggle around.

How unsafe do you think it would be for me to just hold my Incredible while jogging? Like you see in commercials, just holding it so my arms make an angle pointing towards the ground.

Also, anyone notice how the battery usage is while using any Jogging Apps?
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by keebz View Post
    How unsafe do you think it would be for me to just hold my Incredible while jogging? Like you see in commercials, just holding it so my arms make an angle pointing towards the ground.

Also, anyone notice how the battery usage is while using any Jogging Apps?
    You'll drop it eventually.

I have an extended battery now, but I was able to go running for 2-3 hours when I had my stock battery and using GPS apps, and I still had plenty of juice left. Maybe 30-40%. I was not listening to music at the same time, though.

With my 2250 battery, using GPS and not playing music, I loose almost exactly 10% battery per hour. Not bad. That is with the 3G and cell radios on.